Haiti and Hope

Options
willjulia
willjulia Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Friends,
Bear with me while I explain the subject of this posting. A few days after the Haitian earthquake, I was watching the news and there was the report about the man who waited for five days near the rubble of a bank in Port-au-Prince because he knew his wife was buried in that rubble. The next day, while the recovery and cleaning efforts stopped momentarily, he saw a little crack in the piles of debris. He leaned down, called her name, and she answered! They pulled her out alive and she came out singing a hymn. I was so inspired by this story that I wrote a song about it. I've played it for many people and they've found it very moving. Some people have commented that the themes of love and hope in the song parallels what's happening in my life right now as my Sarah battles Stage 4 CR cancer. If anyone is interested, I will share a website where you can listen to the tune. It's a demo so it's a little rough around the edges but the story is there. My sole motivation for sharing it here is that it might provide a little hope and inspiration for someone. Here's the link:
http://wwww.myspace.com/danparrpelletier

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Inspirational
    Great song! I was really moved by it.
    Joy
  • willjulia
    willjulia Member Posts: 18