today i celebrate

fedester
fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
good morning semi's.
i hope and pray all is well with everyone.
today i celebrate my 52 nd birthday.
six years ago when dx i didn't know if i would have seen 47 but i did.
i am going to celebrate with my lovely wife and my 2 adult children. oh i am going back to work on monday.
thanks semi's and have a blessed day!!

never,ever give up!!
be well
bruce

Comments

• Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    Happy Birthday !

Happy Birthday !
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member

Happy Birthday !

Happy Birthday !

Happy birthday, wishing many more to come,Bruce
    When I acknowledged my last birthday, my first since Dx, I realized the date of my surgery should be my new birthday!!!
    Anyway, wishing you many more days and years to celebrate and be with and enjoy time with your family. Again, many more....Steve
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Happy Birthday Bruce!
    Thanks

Happy Birthday Bruce!

Thanks for inpsiring us! Have a great celebration!
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Bruce,
    Good luck on Monday.

Bruce,

Good luck on Monday. Seems like a short time since you just had surgery to be going back to work. :) I'm sure you'll do well.

Happy Birthday, my friend. Celebrate with gusto!

Holly
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Bruce
    Happy Birthday you Youngster!
    Aren't birthdays the best thing in the world?
    Many more Bruce
    -p
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Never, ever give up...
    ... having birthdays Bruce. These are the little celebrations that make life so fun. Enjoy your family and give thanks for the day.

Happy Birthday... Rob; in Vancouver
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    PhillieG said:

Bruce
    Happy Birthday you Youngster!
    Aren't birthdays the best thing in the world?
    Many more Bruce
    -p

Happy Birthday.......
    Six years.....never ever give up....they go hand in hand..Have a great Birthday and Good Luck with the job Monday. Its another victory for you and for us...Love and Hope to you ....Buzz
  • Devasted
    Devasted Member Posts: 185
    robinvan said:

Never, ever give up...
    ... having birthdays Bruce. These are the little celebrations that make life so fun. Enjoy your family and give thanks for the day.

Happy Birthday... Rob; in Vancouver

Happy Birthday
    Wishing you many more....
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Happy Birthday!
    Aren't birthdays wonderful?!!!
    mary
  • lmchils57
    lmchils57 Member Posts: 59
    Wow a reason to be glad to be getting older
    Wow a reason to be glad to be getting older, I never really thought about that until you mentioned it. I am sure that that will be how Scott feels with each birthday he celebrates and is a survivor. It really amazes me how open everyone is on here, when my dad with through colon cancer almost years ago it just was not talked about that much. I knew he had it nad they went in and emoved the tumor, which was extremely small at the time and he never had problems again. Reading what many say on here he was extremely lucky to never have any reaccurrence of it, they did nothing really more then remove it and I am not sure what else, but it was really only a few months out of our lives that we dealt with it. I do know he did not have any chemo treatments, Mom says he had no radiation treatments but I seem to remember going over to Spokane for something like that. He also had to go in routinely for probably 5 years to his doctor but after that he never went back. He was dx at 56 and lived til almost 83 when he went because of emphyzema. I truely hope Scott has good of a success as my dad did though the diffrence is that Dad's was caught in the very early stage so it was easier to take care of, but it was basically a death sentance back in those days so we do all know how extremely lucky he was. With know his success and reading the survival stories on here it makes it easier to be optomistic about this whole thing.

Happy Birthday Bruce,

Linda
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Holdin' On Tight for the Big 5-0
    Happy B'day, Bruce! Congratulatons on your achievement - working through cancer and keeping a job is a milestone and a big victory.

I get up everyday and push as hard as I can to get to work and do something productive and useful.

I'm 4-months shy of 6-years myself, so I can sure appreciate your longevity too - like I said above, my mileston will 50 - I'd like to see that one for some odd reason, that will be in July 2012, so I'm going for it too.

-Craig
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Many
    Many many Happy Birthdays to you! Enjoy!!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a fabulous day!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Happy Birthday!
    What an inspiration you are! Hope your birthday was very special!

Priscilla in San Antonio
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    celebrate
    Happy Birthday Bruce! I hope you had a great day and a wonderful celebration.
    Jamie
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    crazylady said:

celebrate
    Happy Birthday Bruce! I hope you had a great day and a wonderful celebration.
    Jamie

Hey Bruce!
    Hoping you had a wonderful bday! sorry I am late, haven't been on the puter much, chemo knocking me out, but I wish you a LOAD more bdays to come! Party on!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    And we celebrate with you!
    And we celebrate with you! Congrats Bruce.....

Peggy