here we go: surgery on Thursday

Options
aisling8
aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello,

I've been reading these posts and learning so much from all of you, but mostly loving the positive energy you give each other. My surgery's scheduled for Thursday -- lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy.

Send good thoughts, please, and I'll keep you abreast (ha ha -- cancer humor!!)

Thanks,
Victoria

Comments

• lucks
    lucks Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Vicoria
    I too just had lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on Feb. 16th. I will get my results this Monday, hopefully great news! Good luck to you. I will keep you abreast!!
    Maureen
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Sending you prayers and good
    Sending you prayers and good thoughts Victoria!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Welcome, Victoria
    You are starting out on the right foot - with a sense of humor. Not that this is a funny situation, but oh how it helps to step back and find the humor in a situation. Also, check out the funnies that are posted, some real belly laughs.

I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on 12/7 and am finishing rads next week. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Sue
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    welcome
    Welcome Victoria! you have found the place to be! We are always here for you one way or another. Good luck next week and keep us posted.
    Cat
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Welcome, Vic
    Welcome, Vic,

Prayers for a successful surgery coming up. Take care.

P
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    A breast
    Best wishes for the best possible outcome on Thursday. On a good note, at least they're not keeping 'a breast' as they did in my case, lol.

Hugs, Mar
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    cats_toy said:

welcome
    Welcome Victoria! you have found the place to be! We are always here for you one way or another. Good luck next week and keep us posted.
    Cat

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery!

Hugs, Megan
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Victoria
    Definitely thinking positive thoughts and sending warm (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))! Will be praying for successful surgery and peace in your heart and mind as you prepare. Let us know how things go...

God Bless...
    Julie
  • Cairmaid
    Cairmaid Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Best Wishes
    I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on Jan. 4. I'll be praying your outcome is at least as good as mine!
  • aisling8
    Options
    Cairmaid said:

Best Wishes
    I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on Jan. 4. I'll be praying your outcome is at least as good as mine!

Thank you, each and every
    Thank you, each and every one of you for your warm welcome and good wishes. I hope the best for all of us, but I especially hope I handle myself with as much dignity and grace as all of you.

I send good thoughts straight back to you.

Thank you,
    Victoria

p.s. Maureen, I'll be thinking of you Monday when you get your results:)
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Options
    PRAYERS COMING YOUR WAY!
    HI

I have a very rare breast cancer that chemo and radiation has no effect. I had both
    breast removed in April 2009. I took 6 treatments of chemo every 3 weeks. My tumor I had
    went from 2cm to 5cm in about 4 weeks. As of today I'M CANCER FREE.
    SO here's what I tell everyone:

THE CANCER WON THE 1ST BATTLE AND I WON THE 2ND BUT THE WAR IS NOT OVER FOR I WILL
    NOT GIVE UP.

My song I keep in my head that keeps me going is the Climb by Miley Cyrus.
    It's an uphill battle and we know what is on the other side - OUR VICTORY TO BEAT
    BREAST CANCER.

Good luck and keep the faith.
    My prayers are with you.

Arkansasgirl
  • aisling8
    Options

PRAYERS COMING YOUR WAY!
    HI

I have a very rare breast cancer that chemo and radiation has no effect. I had both
    breast removed in April 2009. I took 6 treatments of chemo every 3 weeks. My tumor I had
    went from 2cm to 5cm in about 4 weeks. As of today I'M CANCER FREE.
    SO here's what I tell everyone:

THE CANCER WON THE 1ST BATTLE AND I WON THE 2ND BUT THE WAR IS NOT OVER FOR I WILL
    NOT GIVE UP.

My song I keep in my head that keeps me going is the Climb by Miley Cyrus.
    It's an uphill battle and we know what is on the other side - OUR VICTORY TO BEAT
    BREAST CANCER.

Good luck and keep the faith.
    My prayers are with you.

Arkansasgirl

wow
    That's an amazing story, Arkansasgirl. Good for you.
    By the way, I'm a California girl, but have family your way: some in Little Rock, one in Fayeteville, and they used to live in Springdale. All beautiful places. I just don't love the humidity:)

Thanks for your prayers and good cheer, all of you.

Victoria
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Options
    aisling8 said:

wow
    That's an amazing story, Arkansasgirl. Good for you.
    By the way, I'm a California girl, but have family your way: some in Little Rock, one in Fayeteville, and they used to live in Springdale. All beautiful places. I just don't love the humidity:)

Thanks for your prayers and good cheer, all of you.

Victoria

Family in Ca
    Hi Victoria

I have family in LA and Walnut Creek which is up north around SF. I love visiting
    out there but it's been a long time.
    I've got family in Harrison which is very close to Fayeteville. Also I grew up in
    North Little Rock. As of now I'm in Dallas Texas. I have been very lucky to be here
    because I feel like my surgeon saved my life. I'm going to Houston(M D Anderson) in about a week
    for a 2nd opinion even though I'm cancer free. My BC is so rare and there are doctors
    down there that is doing research on my type. I have found someone with the same type
    of BC but she is over in England.

Well hang in there and just remember - keep a positive attitude, stay strong. Never give
    up.

Arkansasgirl
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Victoria
    I'm having the same done this Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to it. I hope our nodes are negative, my doc thinks mine will be. My tumors have responded very well to the chemo, along with all my other body cells. I hope we all sail through. Keep abreast!
  • aisling8
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Victoria
    I'm having the same done this Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to it. I hope our nodes are negative, my doc thinks mine will be. My tumors have responded very well to the chemo, along with all my other body cells. I hope we all sail through. Keep abreast!

Hi Laurissa
    I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday, sending positive thoughts for negative nodes!!!

Victoria
  • grandmasueb
    grandmasueb Member Posts: 49
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Hi Laurissa
    I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday, sending positive thoughts for negative nodes!!!

Victoria

Laurissa
    I just had the same thing done Friday I found out my sential node is cancer they removed the sentil node and one other which is being tested I will know results Monday. I had more tissue removed and those results will be here Thursday. Then I will know if I have clear margin or not, if not breast comes off, I still have to go through Chemo in 3 weeks. The surgey and node biopsy was a breeze I just got a little sick from the gas I was given for surgey. I wish you all the luck and remember its not as bad as you think its going to be.