Doxil maintenance?

Options
Bailey37
Bailey37 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello all,
I am seeking your input regarding Doxil as a maintenance chemo. Has anyone had experience with doing this? I concluded 6 months of Doxil in November and had a good response to it while going through it, but, 3 months later my CA125 has gone from 14 to 130 so, we know something is not right. I am going to have a CT scan next week, but wondered about going back on Doxil for an extended time. Thank you in advance for your input.

Comments

• lebacks1
    lebacks1 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Doxil
    I am sorry to hear your CA125 has gone up. I don't think doctors like to use the same drug right after it has been used. The cancer may not respond as well as last time. The doctors like to use something else because it might have a greater chance of knocking out the cancer.
  • catcan
    catcan Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi Bailey
    Sorry your counts went back up I know how frustrating that is. My oncologist said something about a year in between the same treatment so I think they may pic a different one also. Good Luck to you

Cat
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Doxil
    I don't know the answer. I am now on Doxil for my first reoccurence. My monther in law was reading up on Doxil when I was starting. She had told me she read on somewhere a women commented she was on maintenance Doxil for an extended period of time with good success. I forget how long the time frame was but I believe it was over a year. I remember when she told me the story it gave me some hope. Of course this is second hand information so take from it what you will. As the other poster commented, I'm not sure about starting Doxil again when it was just used. Of course though, on a different post I read someone was on low dose Taxol, it stopped working now they want to put her on full dose Taxol/Carbo. Let us know how you make out and good luck!