just venting! Still waiting to hear from dr.

Options
2»

Comments

• dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Friday mid morning
    Still no call back by 10 a.m. today...I finally called the office again. After being told "no appts today- Dr. Helton is fully scheduled- his nurse is busy with a patient- you can leave a message on her voicemail..." I went off! I told her how it is absolutely horrible how there is no communication in this office and that I have left messages every day this week and I am not about to just leave another message! I was put on hold a while, then the receptionist came back and said she just spoke to Dr. Helton and his nurse. She said Dr. H. said he didn't even know I had called at all and that he will be putting the order in today if I am in agreement with doing that, but that he'll end up having to appeal it because it's not covered by insurance. Duh! I knew that would be the case, which was why it was so urgent to put in the request to insurance back on Monday or Tuesday. BUT I then shared that I spoke w/ someone at insurance yesterday and they told me it COULD probably get approved, but the dr. has to put in the request with evidence of need in order for them to do anything. She then told me someone would definitely call me back by the end of the day to let me know what is happening. I made an appt.w/ Dr. Helton for Monday morning. Hopefully this will be in the works today, but I definitely want to discuss things with the Dr. I guess I can't expect him to actually call me, since he never does, so I'll just have to show up in the office in front of him. It just doesn't seem like I should have to have a scheduled appt for this- there's no reason he couldn't have started this process earlier, then told contacted me about it.
    I have too many things going w/ picking up kids from two different schools and other activities this afternoon, and I think I've done all I could re. this issue already, so I'm going to either go exercise or take a short nap- too much stress. I think I'll put both phones right by me and go with the short nap. Maybe exercise when I wake up before getting kids from school!

Lisa

How are things going?
    Well didnt you have an appointment today? If so how did it go? Waiting to hear how things went..Praying the were good.

Beth