Drains out.....aaaahhhhh!!

Options
pinkkari09
pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have to tell you, and excuse the profanity, but I got my drains out today (three of 'em) and being drain free is BETTER THAN SEX!! I feel like I'm really on the road to recovery now. And guess what else....I have an interview today with the company I already work for, for an excellent position in management. YAH, I was so worried I would have to find a hiding spot for them damn drains in order to get through the interview and now I don't YAH.
I'm healing nicely, going to start radiation soon, and my plastics is going to start expanding on one side next week!!
Mountains of Love and Big Hugs,
Kari

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Kari, good for YOU!!! I
    Kari, good for YOU!!! I mean on getting the drains out and your interview. It sounds like everything is looking up in your life. Good luck on your promotion!!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    You go girl! Good luck with
    You go girl! Good luck with the job!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I love that you sent us
    I love that you sent us Mountains of Love! Your post was so filled with hope, and happiness and woot-woot that it has positively colored my day!

Thankfully I forget what the drains out feels like, it has been so long! But as far as comparing it to sex, I am still on the hour-long warm oil foot massage as being better than! Ahhhhhhhh!!

And an interview too??? So wonderful~ go get 'em girl!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Drains Out - Woo Hoo!
    Mountains of good luck to you for your upcoming interview!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    chenheart said:

I love that you sent us
    I love that you sent us Mountains of Love! Your post was so filled with hope, and happiness and woot-woot that it has positively colored my day!

Thankfully I forget what the drains out feels like, it has been so long! But as far as comparing it to sex, I am still on the hour-long warm oil foot massage as being better than! Ahhhhhhhh!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

♥ Mountains of ♥ backatcha Kari ♥
    You are so upbeat Kari! Your post makes me happy that you have such a great attitude and are doing so well after your surgery! I remember when they took my drain out....A very happy day!

Good luck on your interview! Know that we are all right there cheering you on! You go girl!

Happy healing and happy days ahead to you Kari!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • kms3566
    kms3566 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Kari,
    That IS wonderful

Kari,
    That IS wonderful news! I ma so happy for you, so sound like you are really on the road to recovery. I had my double mastectomy on 1/29 and it felt soo good to get those drains out, however I am still not back to work. I planned to go back next Tuesday part-time and I start chemo on Wed. so going to take it one day at a time. I wish you the very best on your interview!! GOOD LUCK!
    Karen
  • sparky72156
    sparky72156 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't know. I had seven
    I don't know. I had seven drains and getting them out, although WONDERFUL, wasn't even close to better than sex! But I am happy for you.........it does feel good!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Agree
    I am glad you got the drains out. That is a most uplifting feeling to have those removed. Take care of yourself.

P
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    aztec45 said:

I Agree
    I am glad you got the drains out. That is a most uplifting feeling to have those removed. Take care of yourself.

P

LUV your attitude!
    You are an awesome woman and an inspiration to all of us! I'm so very happy for you.
    God bless and keep you in His loving care.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Positive attitude!
    I think I will remember that feeling forever! It is such a great sense of freedom! So glad you're feeling good. I wish you the best of luck during your interview... keep up that positive attitude and, without a doubt, the sky's the limit!

Mar
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Options
    Great News!
    I hated my drains, too and couldn't wait to get them out - I wanted to dance the jig but I didn't know how;) Good luck on the new job, even though it sounds like you don't need it.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    what a relief
    those drains really are the pits aren't they? So glad for you and your interview, sounds like a good day!
    Cat
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    chenheart said:

I love that you sent us

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Glad you got that drain out!
    Glad you got that drain out! Good luck with your interview!

Megan
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Glad you got the drains out!
    Glad you got the drains out! Hope the interview went well. You sound like you're doing fantastic!

Hugs,
    Marcy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    helen e said:

Great News!
    I hated my drains, too and couldn't wait to get them out - I wanted to dance the jig but I didn't know how;) Good luck on the new job, even though it sounds like you don't need it.

Drains are awful! Happy
    Drains are awful! Happy that you got them out! Let us know about your job interview!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

what a relief
    those drains really are the pits aren't they? So glad for you and your interview, sounds like a good day!
    Cat

Good to hear from you Kari!
    Good to hear from you Kari! Drains are the pits. Let us know about your new job interview!
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    canoegirl said:

Glad you got the drains out!
    Glad you got the drains out! Hope the interview went well. You sound like you're doing fantastic!

Hugs,
    Marcy

Yay for you!
    I know those drains can keep us "tied down" so to speak. I always felt free'er and more able to move about once they were out. And I felt like I was really healing up, moving in the right direction~towards the "new normal". Glad you are feeling good~but remember you are still healing, so be gentle on yourself!! Don't start vacuuming the house, or mopping the floors! Let someone else do that for a while. :)
    Melanie