Question on Rads

Options
DESTINY27
DESTINY27 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have my second round of chemo today. (XALODA, TAXOTERE). I will have CT scan schedule after this round on Mar.10 to see if this working. By the way I have a liver mets.
So, I've asked my onco if I will have a rads after chemo and he said he don't know yet, maybe not likely since they took all the lymph nodes 16 positive out of 18.
I really thought that I will getting rads as well as my surgeon said so.

Please anybody had this before?? Need info.
I am from the Philippines but living in SC for 34 yrs.

Thank you and God Bless everyone.

Nina

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Hi Nina. Gosh I thought you
    Hi Nina. Gosh I thought you always had rads if you had positive nodes. I just had my one sentinel node positive and I had to do 7 weeks of rads! But we are all undergoing slightly different programs of treatment according to our dx's so this may have to do with your mets.My Onc. was always kinda maybe so maybe no on Rads. but he went with the recommendation of my surgeon who was adament about it...If you arent comfortable with the ONC's opinion, talk to your surgeon again and ask why he thought you needed rads.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Hi Nina. Gosh I thought you
    Hi Nina. Gosh I thought you always had rads if you had positive nodes. I just had my one sentinel node positive and I had to do 7 weeks of rads! But we are all undergoing slightly different programs of treatment according to our dx's so this may have to do with your mets.My Onc. was always kinda maybe so maybe no on Rads. but he went with the recommendation of my surgeon who was adament about it...If you arent comfortable with the ONC's opinion, talk to your surgeon again and ask why he thought you needed rads.

I agree with Deb. I thought
    I agree with Deb. I thought you had rads if you had even one positive node. Why does yours not know yet?

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    susie09 said:

I agree with Deb. I thought
    I agree with Deb. I thought you had rads if you had even one positive node. Why does yours not know yet?

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Nina Do not worry
    right now, just focus on Chemo. You and your oncologist can revisit radiation issue later after you finish Chemo. You also should seek a second opinion, because clinical studies have shown significant improvement with radiation after Chemo. Good luck and stay positive.
    New Flower
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Good morning Nina and
    Good morning Nina and welcome to the boards...I agree with staying focused on your chemo. Definitely discuss the radiation with your onc, a little later. And of course if your not hearing what you need then YES get a second opinion. I love my oncologist and trust her every move with me and that is VITAL to your fight. Hang in there and keep posting, we are here for you too, ((big hugs))
    God Bless,
    Kari
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Good morning Nina and
    Good morning Nina and welcome to the boards...I agree with staying focused on your chemo. Definitely discuss the radiation with your onc, a little later. And of course if your not hearing what you need then YES get a second opinion. I love my oncologist and trust her every move with me and that is VITAL to your fight. Hang in there and keep posting, we are here for you too, ((big hugs))
    God Bless,
    Kari

I agree with the others.
    I agree with the others. Remain focused on your chemo. Get yourself thru that and then you can start thinking about your rad treatments. Good luck!
  • DESTINY27
    DESTINY27 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I agree with the others.
    I agree with the others. Remain focused on your chemo. Get yourself thru that and then you can start thinking about your rad treatments. Good luck!

THANKS FOR THE INFO
    I will sure to ask my surgeon about the Rads., but for now, I am concentrating on the chemo.

Thanks everyone.

Nina
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Nina Do not worry
    right now, just focus on Chemo. You and your oncologist can revisit radiation issue later after you finish Chemo. You also should seek a second opinion, because clinical studies have shown significant improvement with radiation after Chemo. Good luck and stay positive.
    New Flower

Good luck to you Nina with
    Good luck to you Nina with your chemo. Stay positive!

Angie