new to this site

Options
jthor54
jthor54 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am new to this site. Joined on valentines day, have been reading discussion board and have help me out a lot in asking questions when i see my doctors. Had double mastectomy on January 27th, tested nineteen lymph nodes and were all cancer free. Today went to onoc and was told i didn't need chemo or radiation therapy, only the hormone treatment. Was very happy to hear that i didn't need the chemo or radiation. :)

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Glad you found us jthor,
    Glad you found us jthor, though we all hate the reason we're here. That's wonderful news that the nodes were clean and you won't need chemo or rads.There's lots of info on here about the different hormone treatments so I'm sure you'll still be able to find lots of useful info and support.
    Dee
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Welcome to this
    Welcome to this website--glad to hear that you will not need chemo or rads. Good luck!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Tux said:

Welcome to this
    Welcome to this website--glad to hear that you will not need chemo or rads. Good luck!

Welcome
    That's really good news for you, that you do not need chemo or rads. I am glad you found this website, it is always very helpful.
  • llesh_2000
    llesh_2000 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Glad you found us jthor,
    Glad you found us jthor, though we all hate the reason we're here. That's wonderful news that the nodes were clean and you won't need chemo or rads.There's lots of info on here about the different hormone treatments so I'm sure you'll still be able to find lots of useful info and support.
    Dee

I am new to this site
    I am new to this site. I just joined today. I have inflammatory breast cancer and am going through chemotherapy. I found out I had cancer in October and have not really had anyone to talk to who has actually gone through this. I have seven more weeks of chemo and then we decide about surgery. I was told when first diagnosed that if you have to get breast cancer this is the worst. My doctors are great. I guess I just need someone to talk to.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Welcome
    That's really good news for you, that you do not need chemo or rads. I am glad you found this website, it is always very helpful.

Welcom jthor and llesh
    Great news jthor! Congratulations on the clean nodes, that means everything. Keep in touch with your progress.

llesh, I was dx with triple neg bc and they say that is bad too. But you know what? I've finished my treatment and the outlook is great. You'll be saying that too, but in the meantime we are here and ready to listen and there ae some here that have had your type of bc. In fact I have a friend who was dx with that 6 years ago, none of us had ever heard of it. She completed treatment and is fine today.

Keep us posted as how you are and with any questions you have or if you just want to "talk".

Hugs you guys, Judy :-)
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

I am new to this site
    I am new to this site. I just joined today. I have inflammatory breast cancer and am going through chemotherapy. I found out I had cancer in October and have not really had anyone to talk to who has actually gone through this. I have seven more weeks of chemo and then we decide about surgery. I was told when first diagnosed that if you have to get breast cancer this is the worst. My doctors are great. I guess I just need someone to talk to.

Another IBC
    Yup - Another IBC here. It is a nasty ggressive form that developes very quickly but as of now, I'm dancing with NED. Granted it hasn't been that long but the last day of chemo another CT scan was done and no signs of any. Am in rads now (2 more weeks) and on Femara but that's a long way from where I was Aug 8 and where I was when I started A/C (Aug 26) because the surgeon said that he would not do surgery because it had to shrunk for him to have any chance of getting it. Had surgery (mod. rad. mastectomy) 2 weeks (Oct 21) after the last A/C and it had definately shrunk a lot and he was able to get clean margins. 3 weeks later started 12 weekly doses of Taxol and then started rads the week after the last Taxol and 2 weeks later started Femara. It is nasty but it is beatable.

Thoughts and prayers!
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Welcome to all three of you!
    Wanted to welcome all three of you to this site. You'll find a wonderful, supportive group of women who are walking where you are or who are survivors! We all know the fear of bc and whatever treatment is required.

I hope and pray that your treamtents progressed well and you find the support you need here...Blessings!

Julie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    jbug said:

Welcome to all three of you!
    Wanted to welcome all three of you to this site. You'll find a wonderful, supportive group of women who are walking where you are or who are survivors! We all know the fear of bc and whatever treatment is required.

I hope and pray that your treamtents progressed well and you find the support you need here...Blessings!

Julie

Warm welcome...
    We're all here to support and encourage each other.

Kind regards, Susan
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to the site. That is great news you do not have to go through chemo and radiation.

Again, welcome.

P
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jthor and llesh!!
    Welcome, Jthor and llesh!! You have come to the right place for support, encouragement, knowledge and ((((HUGS)))). Between the members here, we have fought the many types of bc. We are all survivors!! We'll be here to support you through your journey. Just post your questions or rants and someone will be along 24/7 to respond. Good luck!!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Welcome jthor.....I had my
    Welcome jthor.....I had my double mastectomy on the 11th of Feb. still home recovering. So excited for you to have clear nodes, that's AWESOME. All of mine were positive so I've already done' chemo, next is rads. Welcome again and best of luck to you on your fight!!
    ~Kari
  • kms3566
    kms3566 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome Jthor54 to this site, I too did alot of reading before posting anything. All of these women are truly awesome and you will gain tons of info and support. I am glad to hear you do not need chemo or rad.
  • llesh_2000
    Options
    Rague said:

Another IBC
    Yup - Another IBC here. It is a nasty ggressive form that developes very quickly but as of now, I'm dancing with NED. Granted it hasn't been that long but the last day of chemo another CT scan was done and no signs of any. Am in rads now (2 more weeks) and on Femara but that's a long way from where I was Aug 8 and where I was when I started A/C (Aug 26) because the surgeon said that he would not do surgery because it had to shrunk for him to have any chance of getting it. Had surgery (mod. rad. mastectomy) 2 weeks (Oct 21) after the last A/C and it had definately shrunk a lot and he was able to get clean margins. 3 weeks later started 12 weekly doses of Taxol and then started rads the week after the last Taxol and 2 weeks later started Femara. It is nasty but it is beatable.

Thoughts and prayers!

Another IBC
    Thanks for letting me know it is beatable. My doctors have been great but I have not talked to anyone else with this type. Both my doctors told me if you have to have breast cancer this is the one you don't want. I am going through chemo right now and I am so tired and have no appetite. I try to eat but I am living on pudding, jello, chicken broth, etc. I even have trouble getting water down. I have six more treatments then they are saying a total mastectomy which I am not worried about, I want to live but I would love to eat again. I just want to sleep until it is all over. It is nice to talk to someone who has gone through it. My family is wonderful but they don't really understand. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
  • llesh_2000
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Welcom jthor and llesh
    Great news jthor! Congratulations on the clean nodes, that means everything. Keep in touch with your progress.

llesh, I was dx with triple neg bc and they say that is bad too. But you know what? I've finished my treatment and the outlook is great. You'll be saying that too, but in the meantime we are here and ready to listen and there ae some here that have had your type of bc. In fact I have a friend who was dx with that 6 years ago, none of us had ever heard of it. She completed treatment and is fine today.

Keep us posted as how you are and with any questions you have or if you just want to "talk".

Hugs you guys, Judy :-)

Thanks for the welcome
    I thank you all for your support. My dad is getting worried because all I want to do is sleep I am so tired. I see my doctor tomorrow for my next treatment and I am hoping he can help with the sleepiness and loss of appetite. It is nice to have someone who knows what I am talking about. As I said my family tries but the just don't understand. I am getting really discouraged right now. I can't work or do anything but I am trying to keep positive. It is also nice to know someone else has survived. Thanks for being there.