Options
2»

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    dorion said:

Ellen and Leesa
    Ellen, you are funny, well I'm both, pie and cake I love them all!!!! Thanks for your kindness and well wishes. Yeah today they sent me off for a CT scan, because they have no idea what is causing this distention. Now my legs are like freaken water logs, I swear. This is really starting to get to me at the same time trying not to be scared out of my skin, which I am lately.

I just don't know what the ct scan is going to show, is the cancer getting worse? Is my time almost up? Things like that are absolutely haunting my thoughts. The moraphine shots really help to eleviate my anxiety thank Goodness. But I will let you know as soon as I hear something from my end. Please everyone pray for me and some sort of answers. All I want is the swollen gut and now legs to go away. They are saying that it could be a number of things, yes fluid, it could be my intestines protruding or the cancer. Well I have to run there is someone outside the room here waiting to use the computer, I can hear him coughing. I should tell him to go home and use his own damn computer, he's not a patient. I wanted to ask you Leesa, how everything went with your surgery. What stage were you and all that stuff. Sorry got to run. Love you guys

hang in there
    Glad you are feeling well enough to check in. I will pray for you. Good luck with the CTscan. Let us know how it goes.
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    dorion said:

Ellen and Leesa
    Ellen, you are funny, well I'm both, pie and cake I love them all!!!! Thanks for your kindness and well wishes. Yeah today they sent me off for a CT scan, because they have no idea what is causing this distention. Now my legs are like freaken water logs, I swear. This is really starting to get to me at the same time trying not to be scared out of my skin, which I am lately.

I just don't know what the ct scan is going to show, is the cancer getting worse? Is my time almost up? Things like that are absolutely haunting my thoughts. The moraphine shots really help to eleviate my anxiety thank Goodness. But I will let you know as soon as I hear something from my end. Please everyone pray for me and some sort of answers. All I want is the swollen gut and now legs to go away. They are saying that it could be a number of things, yes fluid, it could be my intestines protruding or the cancer. Well I have to run there is someone outside the room here waiting to use the computer, I can hear him coughing. I should tell him to go home and use his own damn computer, he's not a patient. I wanted to ask you Leesa, how everything went with your surgery. What stage were you and all that stuff. Sorry got to run. Love you guys

:)
    Linda,

I can't believe you're going through all of your crap and thinking about me too! My surgery went well. My gyn/onc said he got 95% of it, still 3c even though he removed bits from my bowel and my bladder. Meet with the onc on Monday to hear pathology and determine chemo regimine.

In the meantime, I pray daily for this to be resolved quickly and for you and Meghan to be at home together again very soon! Perhaps if you asked them if Dr. House was available to give you a diagnosis? (Do you even have that show in Toronto?) I told my husband if they ever asked me if I wanted a second opinion my vote would be for Dr. House, because surely he would find some rare parasite causing all of my troubles and there would be an antibiotic that would take care of it! :)

Yeah, I know, PollyAnna strikes again!

Love and Hugs hon!

Leesa
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    leesag said:

:)
    Linda,

I can't believe you're going through all of your crap and thinking about me too! My surgery went well. My gyn/onc said he got 95% of it, still 3c even though he removed bits from my bowel and my bladder. Meet with the onc on Monday to hear pathology and determine chemo regimine.

In the meantime, I pray daily for this to be resolved quickly and for you and Meghan to be at home together again very soon! Perhaps if you asked them if Dr. House was available to give you a diagnosis? (Do you even have that show in Toronto?) I told my husband if they ever asked me if I wanted a second opinion my vote would be for Dr. House, because surely he would find some rare parasite causing all of my troubles and there would be an antibiotic that would take care of it! :)

Yeah, I know, PollyAnna strikes again!

Love and Hugs hon!

Leesa

Leesa....
    Dr House is a great idea, but I want McDreamy on my team, as well. Just to cheer me up. But I'm torn because I really like Meredith and wouldn't want to upset her.

My Plan B is to call in Bill Compton and have him turn me into a vampire, if all else fails. (I just know someone is going to suggest Edward Cullen, so let me nix that right off the bat. Not a Twilight fan. Sookie Stackhouse vamps rule!)

Carlene
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    dorion said:

Whew!!!!
    Man, you guys blow me completely away! With your words of wisdome and food for thought and just being here. I was floored when I saw all the responses to this post! Really all I want to do is open up others and respond to those in need as well. As said before, at times I feel so selfish especially when I read that there are you who have childern as well with the same struggles as me. I take small comfort in the fact that I know for a fact that I'm not alone in this but on the same token I wish that you all didn 't have this disease.

You have all got me totally and completely committed to getting a journal and start writing in it for my Meghan, it's been mentioned before but I never really gave it much thought, but yes this truely is something that needs to be done, even if that journal carries on for years and years...lol....wouldn't that be nice? So I promise you guys and myself, when I get out of here the first thing is to purchase a beautiful journal and brush up on my penmanship.

I tell that little girl of mine every single moment (it seems) of every day how much I love her, she is brilliant! But those words can be forever if written in a journal. That is one thing that scares me, is that she'll start to forget me over the years. But thankfully in this day and age we have the technology to preserve so many things, camcorders, camaras, the works eh?

I think our Bonnie R is the matriarch of this website.....lol........I draw a lot of courage from her and so much hope for us gals.
    Her I am babbling away without any updates....well there really isn't anything new, the same wait and see type thing, I am pretty darn sure that they will do some draining tomorrow, there isn't a whole lot of fluid but I'm praying that what little they get will be enough that I'll feel comfortable, I don't care how unsightly it looks or that I get strange looks from people trying to figure out "is she or isn't she?" pregnant...lol....just the discomfort is enough to drive me nuts. I waddle when I walk, needing to stop to catch my breath and never mind sitting down trying to reach for your cup of coffee, what a commotion that causes...lol....puffing and panting and almost rolling off the bed or sofa. Meanwhile my lovelies I will continue to write to you and I promise to continue to LAUGH!!!! I don't think at all about this stupid doctors "prognosis", because I have a peaceful feeling that I'm in God's hands and he has a plan! I trust in that more than any doctor on this planet.
    Sorry for the long winded post, I try to keep it short,but you guys might start getting to know me by now, once I'm on a roll, look out, it's hard to get me to stop.

I love you all so very much and that is the honest truth. I pray for each and everyone of you individually all by name. You all mean so much to me and without you I absolutely shudder to think how dreadful it would be without you. I will check in later on. In the meantime keep smiling.

Hey does anyone know how to make a hormone? (spelling)

don't pay her!!

budda bum!! kettle of fish

Linda

This may be a stupid
    This may be a stupid question....but is there a reason they can't/won't resolve your bowel obstruction surgically? My obstruction was caused by a tumor in my bowel and they removed 8-10 inches of intestine when they did my initial surgery, thereby doing away with both the tumor and the obstruction.

At any rate, the CT scan will show whether there is a physical blockage, or just a kink in your gut. The "kinks" usually resolve themselves with diet, meds, etc.
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Leesa....
    Dr House is a great idea, but I want McDreamy on my team, as well. Just to cheer me up. But I'm torn because I really like Meredith and wouldn't want to upset her.

My Plan B is to call in Bill Compton and have him turn me into a vampire, if all else fails. (I just know someone is going to suggest Edward Cullen, so let me nix that right off the bat. Not a Twilight fan. Sookie Stackhouse vamps rule!)

Carlene

Hey Carlene
    Hmmm, I think I'd have to go for Eric Northman for a vamp changeover. I think he's much hotter than Bill!

I'm with you on the Edward Cullen, even though he's centuries older than I am, it would still feel like robbing the cradle!

Let's add Hawkeye Pierce to our medical team as well, after all, laughter is the best medicine! ;)

Hugs!

Leesa
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    dorion said:

Whew!!!!
    Man, you guys blow me completely away! With your words of wisdome and food for thought and just being here. I was floored when I saw all the responses to this post! Really all I want to do is open up others and respond to those in need as well. As said before, at times I feel so selfish especially when I read that there are you who have childern as well with the same struggles as me. I take small comfort in the fact that I know for a fact that I'm not alone in this but on the same token I wish that you all didn 't have this disease.

You have all got me totally and completely committed to getting a journal and start writing in it for my Meghan, it's been mentioned before but I never really gave it much thought, but yes this truely is something that needs to be done, even if that journal carries on for years and years...lol....wouldn't that be nice? So I promise you guys and myself, when I get out of here the first thing is to purchase a beautiful journal and brush up on my penmanship.

I tell that little girl of mine every single moment (it seems) of every day how much I love her, she is brilliant! But those words can be forever if written in a journal. That is one thing that scares me, is that she'll start to forget me over the years. But thankfully in this day and age we have the technology to preserve so many things, camcorders, camaras, the works eh?

I think our Bonnie R is the matriarch of this website.....lol........I draw a lot of courage from her and so much hope for us gals.
    Her I am babbling away without any updates....well there really isn't anything new, the same wait and see type thing, I am pretty darn sure that they will do some draining tomorrow, there isn't a whole lot of fluid but I'm praying that what little they get will be enough that I'll feel comfortable, I don't care how unsightly it looks or that I get strange looks from people trying to figure out "is she or isn't she?" pregnant...lol....just the discomfort is enough to drive me nuts. I waddle when I walk, needing to stop to catch my breath and never mind sitting down trying to reach for your cup of coffee, what a commotion that causes...lol....puffing and panting and almost rolling off the bed or sofa. Meanwhile my lovelies I will continue to write to you and I promise to continue to LAUGH!!!! I don't think at all about this stupid doctors "prognosis", because I have a peaceful feeling that I'm in God's hands and he has a plan! I trust in that more than any doctor on this planet.
    Sorry for the long winded post, I try to keep it short,but you guys might start getting to know me by now, once I'm on a roll, look out, it's hard to get me to stop.

I love you all so very much and that is the honest truth. I pray for each and everyone of you individually all by name. You all mean so much to me and without you I absolutely shudder to think how dreadful it would be without you. I will check in later on. In the meantime keep smiling.

Hey does anyone know how to make a hormone? (spelling)

don't pay her!!

budda bum!! kettle of fish

Linda

Hello Linda,
    You know?

Hello Linda,

You know? You're right, I've been attempting to keep a journal as well especially when I was at the highest level of fear anxiety and depression; somehow it did help me to hold on to my sanity because I would feel one way one minute and find it somewhat cloudy to remember the next. (And it's isn't because of chemo brain either). I think it's that things are moving too fast to keep up with anymore.

I have to admit I've slacked up because it was beginning to feel like writing was taking up my every waking moment so I would find myself back-tracking to the days I did'nt journal be-cause I just didn't feel like it.

But all in all it is very cathartic, plus i do think I owe it to my loved ones to have some kind of memory of me to reflect on years from now. It's just a good thing to do.

Thanks for reminding me to get back to my journal as well.

Love,

Sharon
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

This may be a stupid
    This may be a stupid question....but is there a reason they can't/won't resolve your bowel obstruction surgically? My obstruction was caused by a tumor in my bowel and they removed 8-10 inches of intestine when they did my initial surgery, thereby doing away with both the tumor and the obstruction.

At any rate, the CT scan will show whether there is a physical blockage, or just a kink in your gut. The "kinks" usually resolve themselves with diet, meds, etc.

not sure
    I think on your initial diagnosis they will remove and repair. I too had a blockage that resulted in a temporary illeostomy. It is common when you have a reoccurence they don't rush in and just cut it out. I'm not really sure why. I know a woman on facebook who went 12days with an obstruction. They told her if it didn't resolve itself she would have a permanent colostomy. Maybe with an unmanageable reoccurence surgery is sort of like chasing your tail?