Here We Go Again

Options
BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just got back from my onc appointment and she is changing my chemo again because of my side effects. My eyes are swollen at the tear ducts and she said she had never seen anyone with that side effect but she had heard of it. Welcome to my world. If it is unusual and not a common side effect of course I will have it. She is switching me to Taxol low dose, every week for 4 weeks. Kinda bummed out Friday was to have been my last Chemo, now I have 3 more weeks after this Friday. She is hoping I will be able to tolerate the lower doses of Taxol without the side effects that I have had with my other chemos. I was hoping to be done with all of this by the end of April. Guess we are now looking at some time maybe in May to be finished with rads.

Donna

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Oh, Donna,
    I am sorry for

Oh, Donna,

I am sorry for your problems with side effects. And, that it sets your schedule with rads back. I hope this time it will be better.

Sue
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Oh, Donna,
    I am sorry for

Oh, Donna,

I am sorry for your problems with side effects. And, that it sets your schedule with rads back. I hope this time it will be better.

Sue

I am sorry Donna. Hoping
    I am sorry Donna. Hoping that your se's clear up and you can move along with your treatments. Good luck!

KYLEZ ♥
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am sorry Donna. Hoping
    I am sorry Donna. Hoping that your se's clear up and you can move along with your treatments. Good luck!

KYLEZ ♥

So sorry Donna. These
    So sorry Donna. These setbacks are the worst.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am sorry Donna. Hoping

KYLEZ ♥

sorry
    i am sorry wishing you the best!

take care

teresa
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Donna I know how you feel.
    Donna I know how you feel. We need to hang in there. I have 2 more chemo's to go, each 3 weeks apart. I started chemo on Oct 6, 2009. We had to postpone an infusion because I also had the terrible reactions. It's not forever, and we will see the finish line. I dont expect to start radiation much before May. I said from the start that this would probably take me into June, which will be a year that I had my biopsy. Keep your chin up, we will get thru this as so many have. Hugs :)
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Options
    sorry
    I am so sorry they are changing your chemo, hoping things work out for the best for you and all of us who are fighting this battle we will win...don't let this get you down i am one of those people if i read the side effects i will get them so now i don't read it any more.how many set of chemo did you have to have ? everything will work out for the best..girl power
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Donna,
    You've been through a lot and it looks like you will have to hang on a bit longer. But, I know you will pull through and that this time of chemo and side effects will be over. Then you can really celebrate. I hope the lower dose of Taxol does the trick and that the SEs go away for good. You are one tough lady.

Mimi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Donna, it does suck, doesn't
    Donna, it does suck, doesn't it? Just look at it in that you are one day closer to your goal and that is to be done with chemo. Thank goodness that you are able to complete the treatment and it doesn't have to be stopped completely; it's just going to take a little longer. Believe it or not, this will all be over one day. We're right there with you and hoping for no side effects with the lower dosage. Take care and best of luck!! ((((HUGS))))
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Donna, it does suck, doesn't
    Donna, it does suck, doesn't it? Just look at it in that you are one day closer to your goal and that is to be done with chemo. Thank goodness that you are able to complete the treatment and it doesn't have to be stopped completely; it's just going to take a little longer. Believe it or not, this will all be over one day. We're right there with you and hoping for no side effects with the lower dosage. Take care and best of luck!! ((((HUGS))))

Dear Donna, Sorry that
    Dear Donna, Sorry that you've had another bump in the road. Keep your eyes on the goal and you'll get there soon. Setbacks are hard to take and I had one last week. My masectomy is now delayed indefinitely until I deal with some heart issues this Thursday. Sometimes there's nothing much we can do and we can't control the situation. Probably everyone here has had that happen. You are so strong and have gone so far. Take a deep breath and keep going. Hope the new med will work for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Aside from THAT, Mrs Lincoln, how did u enjoy the play???
    Of course I am saddened for you ~ what a "unique" side effect to be sure! At least your Dr had heard of it~ and now she will have treated it as well! No doubt an honor you could have lived without, huh?

Here's hoping you will indeed tolerate the lower dosage of Taxol, and you will soon be on your way to rads. Springtime, with it's renewal and all things fresh and beautiful has your name written all over it!

HUgs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Aside from THAT, Mrs Lincoln, how did u enjoy the play???
    Of course I am saddened for you ~ what a "unique" side effect to be sure! At least your Dr had heard of it~ and now she will have treated it as well! No doubt an honor you could have lived without, huh?

Here's hoping you will indeed tolerate the lower dosage of Taxol, and you will soon be on your way to rads. Springtime, with it's renewal and all things fresh and beautiful has your name written all over it!

HUgs,
    Chen♥

It is so unpredictable isnt
    It is so unpredictable isnt it. Our bodies all react differently. I didnt even know my body on chemo. Hopefully it will be easier and soon you will be looking back on the experience in your wonderful life ahead. Penny
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Thanks For All The Encouraging Words
    You are all right and of course I will deal with it. Don't like it much but it is doable. Having less side effects with chemo is certainly something I would like to try.

Thnaks for the hugs and prayers too.

Donna

PS. I told my husband that I thought that I looked like a duck with my eyes swollen and he just laughed at me. Men!!!!!!!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Thanks For All The Encouraging Words
    You are all right and of course I will deal with it. Don't like it much but it is doable. Having less side effects with chemo is certainly something I would like to try.

Thnaks for the hugs and prayers too.

Donna

PS. I told my husband that I thought that I looked like a duck with my eyes swollen and he just laughed at me. Men!!!!!!!!

I hope that you have no more
    I hope that you have no more side effects with chemo. I feel so sorry for you. Stay tough and soon you will be done!

Megan
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Megan M said:

I hope that you have no more
    I hope that you have no more side effects with chemo. I feel so sorry for you. Stay tough and soon you will be done!

Megan

Hang in there!
    The lower dose will be better for sure! It'll be over soon and there will be great cause for celebration! Take care and stay positive!

much love,
    Jennytwist