8 more rounds of rads
get ready for the boost
I sure am juiced
with only 8 more rounds of rads to go

7 more rounds of rads to go
7 more rounds of rads
This is no breeze
It's brought me to my knees
and I've still got 7 more rounds of rads to go!

Sorry this is so long, it came to me on my way home today and made me chuckle- Please add your own verses. Or start your own tune.

Sue

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    A Three Hour Tour......
    well, I am not going to add to the 99 bottle song, but I do know that the words of Amazing Grace can be sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme-song, and the 60's classic House Of The Rising Sun can also be sung to Gilligan's Island theme as well!

You will now hate me for telling you this, as sadly, you will forever hear that tune to "the wrong songs!"

Are you regretting starting this thread already??? LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    chenheart said:

A Three Hour Tour......
    well, I am not going to add to the 99 bottle song, but I do know that the words of Amazing Grace can be sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme-song, and the 60's classic House Of The Rising Sun can also be sung to Gilligan's Island theme as well!

You will now hate me for telling you this, as sadly, you will forever hear that tune to "the wrong songs!"

Hugs,
    Chen♥

No, I'm trying to sing them
    But I am tone deaf and couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle on it. Doesn't stop me, though!

Sue
  • chenheart
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

No, I'm trying to sing them
    But I am tone deaf and couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle on it. Doesn't stop me, though!

Sue

Well, hum in your head then~
    Well, hum in your head then~ we all have perfect pitch in our minds! LOL
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

A Three Hour Tour......

Hugs,
    Chen♥

If and when I do karaoke
    If and when I do karaoke it's to House of the Rising Sun. Many, many years ago when I was learning to play the guitar, this was a song I sung. I am now sitting at my desk , very quietly, singing this song to the Gilligan's Island theme song. Thanks, Chen, it will never be the same. LOL!
  • chenheart
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

If and when I do karaoke
    If and when I do karaoke it's to House of the Rising Sun. Many, many years ago when I was learning to play the guitar, this was a song I sung. I am now sitting at my desk , very quietly, singing this song to the Gilligan's Island theme song. Thanks, Chen, it will never be the same. LOL!

I know, I know~ it was
    I know, I know~ it was almost ( almost!) not right of me to divulge that~ but I couldn't help myself! Those 2 songs, well 3 actually with Gilligan in the mix, have been "ruined for me for years now! LOL LOL And you are right, it will be cemented in your psyche now.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    chenheart said:

I know, I know~ it was
    I know, I know~ it was almost ( almost!) not right of me to divulge that~ but I couldn't help myself! Those 2 songs, well 3 actually with Gilligan in the mix, have been "ruined for me for years now! LOL LOL And you are right, it will be cemented in your psyche now.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

There must be something
    There must be something wrong with me! I can't mix the two! I start with the tune and the real words stick in there. EKKS! How do you get the two mixed?
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

There must be something
    There must be something wrong with me! I can't mix the two! I start with the tune and the real words stick in there. EKKS! How do you get the two mixed?

I can't do it either, I
    I can't do it either, I guess those songs are too ingrained for too long. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but I remember everything from my youth/glory days.

Sue
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Pretty Clever
    That was pretty clever. I should post that in the change rooms at the Cancer Center. I also like the Gilligan's tune.

P
  • chenheart
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

There must be something

Sing Gilligan's Isle while
    Sing Gilligan's Isle while you are saying this:

Amazing Grace, How Sweet The Sound, That Saved A Wretch Like Me
    I once was lost, now I'm found, blind, but now I see, Blind but now I see....

Ditto:

There is a house in New Orleans, They Call The Rising Sun
    Its been the Ruin of many a poor boy, And God I know,I'm One,and God I Know I'm One...

Granted, both of these songs now are sung faster than they should be, and rather Matey- ahoy-ish, befitting Gilligan's, but it works! It really does! LOL
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Ditto:

Its been the Ruin of many a poor boy, And God I know,I'm One,and God I Know I'm One...

Granted, both of these songs now are sung faster than they should be, and rather Matey- ahoy-ish, befitting Gilligan's, but it works! It really does! LOL

Chen,
    Until you wrote the

Chen,
    Until you wrote the lyrics and I could sing them with the Gilligan tune I was okay. Couldn't do it. Songs were safe, but then there were the words and I couldn't resist. I was drawn to the dark side, the Gilligan side and now forever will these songs be intertwined. LOL.

Stef
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Pretty Clever
    That was pretty clever. I should post that in the change rooms at the Cancer Center. I also like the Gilligan's tune.

P

Hahaha LOVE both of your songs!
    I'll be starting the Rads song in a couple weeks.
    Right now I've been singing in the shower:

Hello Shampoo my old friend, I've come to use you once again. For that hair that's growing on my head, is no longer falling on my bed, I'm a vision, with hair planted on my head, that once looked dead. OOOO the sound of bubbles.....
  • Cairmaid
    Cairmaid Member Posts: 64
    Options
    chenheart said:

Ditto:

Gilligan, Amazing Grace, Rising Sun, and the rest...
    You can also sing all these songs to Greensleeves (What Child is This?). I used to post on Filk message boards and Greensleeves was a favorite TTO (to the tune of) because it's such a common meter. In case you don't know, filking is singing new words to existing tunes, sort of like what Weird Al does except more in the folksong genre.

I love the shampoo song, echoing the Sounds of Bubbles :-)
  • chenheart
    Options
    Mama G said:

Hahaha LOVE both of your songs!
    I'll be starting the Rads song in a couple weeks.
    Right now I've been singing in the shower:

Hello Shampoo my old friend, I've come to use you once again. For that hair that's growing on my head, is no longer falling on my bed, I'm a vision, with hair planted on my head, that once looked dead. OOOO the sound of bubbles.....

Simon and Garfunkle would be
    Simon and Garfunkle would be sooooo proud! LOL LOL LOL