Options
2»

Comments

• catcan
    catcan Member Posts: 119
    Options
    leesag said:

CancerCation
    My husband calls me "PollyAnna" because if there's sand in my bathingsuit, I'll swear that there's probably a diamond mixed in somewhere. I think that attitude will serve me well in the coming weeks! (At least it will keep me laughing)

I had my staples and catheter removed on Friday and I meet with the oncologist Monday, March 1 to determine chemotherapy regimen, so I've declared this week my "CancerCation."

Although, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of what comes next, I just take a deep breath and visit here--everyone here is so strong, it reminds me that I can be, too!

:) HUGS!

Pollyanna
    You just stay Pollyanna as I remember she had a very good outlooked. glad the staples are outand catherter out that should make thigs easier.This site is full of a lot of strong women and makes me feel centered. We are sisters in Teal Make sure you enjoy your canccer cation. Try not to stress abiut whats next.Keep the faith it can only help

Lots of warm wishes to wrap up in and huggs

Cat
  • catcan
    Options
    leesag said:

CancerCation
    My husband calls me "PollyAnna" because if there's sand in my bathingsuit, I'll swear that there's probably a diamond mixed in somewhere. I think that attitude will serve me well in the coming weeks! (At least it will keep me laughing)

I had my staples and catheter removed on Friday and I meet with the oncologist Monday, March 1 to determine chemotherapy regimen, so I've declared this week my "CancerCation."

Although, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of what comes next, I just take a deep breath and visit here--everyone here is so strong, it reminds me that I can be, too!

Pollyanna
    You just stay Pollyanna as I remember she had a very good outlooked. glad the staples are outand catherter out that should make thigs easier.This site is full of a lot of strong women and makes me feel centered. We are sisters in Teal Make sure you enjoy your canccer cation. Try not to stress abiut whats next.Keep the faith it can only help

Cat
  • catcan
    Options
    leesag said:

CancerCation

Pollyanna

Cat
  • catcan
    Options
    leesag said:

CancerCation

Pollyanna

Cat
  • catcan
    Options
    leesag said:

CancerCation

Pollyanna

Cat
  • catcan
    Options
    leesag said:

CancerCation

Pollyanna

Cat
  • catcan
    Options
    catcan said:

Pollyanna

Cat

wow
    How did I end up with so many replys and i can't delete WOW Well you are deffinitly Pollyanna
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    catcan said:

wow
    How did I end up with so many replys and i can't delete WOW Well you are deffinitly Pollyanna

LOL
    It's a sign that thinking positively provides exponential results!

:) Leesa
  • Mawty
    Mawty Member Posts: 133
    Options
    nancy591 said:

Doxil
    I had my 3rd infusion of Doxil on Monday for my first reoccurence after an 8month remission. My scap tingles too but I've had no hair loss. I usually get fatigued up to day 5 or 6. I also get some depression midcycle but that too disappeared. No nausea, no nausea pills. Bad side effects have been mouth sores, hyperpigmentation and rash. Mouth sores needed a prescription rinse that was very effective.

I feel like a total wimp
    I keep reading how everyone's just breezing along on Doxil. I've only had one dose (second one is tomorrow), and I thought it was much worse than the carbo/taxol/avastin. I've been terribly exhausted, and I just don't feel good. I had terrible nausea and constipation. No hand/foot syndrome or mouth sores yet. But I'm just having a hard time coping with this Doxil/carbo. Maybe the second one won't be as bad.

Marty
  • catcan
    Options
    Mawty said:

I feel like a total wimp
    I keep reading how everyone's just breezing along on Doxil. I've only had one dose (second one is tomorrow), and I thought it was much worse than the carbo/taxol/avastin. I've been terribly exhausted, and I just don't feel good. I had terrible nausea and constipation. No hand/foot syndrome or mouth sores yet. But I'm just having a hard time coping with this Doxil/carbo. Maybe the second one won't be as bad.

Marty

Hi Mawty
    I went into work today and really felt it. I did notice just walking into the building made me tired. I am right there with you on the constipation hoping that will go away soon. I think that is the worst part. I hope 2nd time is the charm

Cat
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Mawty said:

I feel like a total wimp

Marty

doxil combo?
    I am on Doxil alone, not with carbo. I do get fatigued too. I'm not working so I get to rest all day while the kids are out school. Are you working?? I admire all the ladies out there who are working while undergoing treatment! I dont' think I'd be able to do that. I have a 6yr old and a 4yr old a home....that's enough work for me!
  • Mawty
    Mawty Member Posts: 133
    Options
    nancy591 said:

doxil combo?
    I am on Doxil alone, not with carbo. I do get fatigued too. I'm not working so I get to rest all day while the kids are out school. Are you working?? I admire all the ladies out there who are working while undergoing treatment! I dont' think I'd be able to do that. I have a 6yr old and a 4yr old a home....that's enough work for me!

Hi Cat and Nancy
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one having trouble with Doxil. I do work, but I can't work complete days this second round. The first round of toxil/carbo/avastin, I worked all but a couple of days after each chemo. This time, I'm missing a lot of work.

Nancy, with two little kids, you're working harder than I am! I sit at a desk and edit. I don't have to cook and run after little kids. I couldn't do it! You do have a hard job. I'm so glad you can rest during the day.

Thanks again for responding. I appreciate it.

Blessings!

Marty