Canada vs USA

Options
robinvan
robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Live from Vancouver...

It is not uncommon for good friends to be great rivals! Such is the case with Canada and the USA when it comes to ice hockey. Today at 4:40 PST these great rivals take to the ice in Vancouver as part of the preliminary round of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Canada doesn't like to lose in hockey. Especially to the United States. It is one of those few areas where we like to think we can beat our otherwise bigger best friend!

There's a good chance we will see Canada and the US squaring off for Gold in women's ice hockey too. Another great game to look forward to later this week!

Take a break from cancer and enjoy the games!

Rob; in Vancouver

GO, CANADA, GO!!

Comments

• Mchapp
    Mchapp Member Posts: 95
    Options
    My Penguin Boys
    Enjoying the games - now watching Malkin and Crosby (we are Penguin Fans - since we live 1/2 mile from the PA line - and WV does not have a hockey team)
    Cheering on the boys that receive a paycheck from the Pens!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Hockey
    We are watching ice hockey from Vancouver now as I type this. George is a die hard Red Wing Fan being we are from Michigan. He was at the game with our daughter in 1997 when they won the Stanley Cup. A few weeks later his employer had the Stanley Cup at the office and had a party there for employees, hired a photographer, and everyone got to get their family picture taken with the Stanley Cup. Best picture though was a young couple with a 3 week old baby, dressed in a Red Wing Sleeper, and they put the baby in the Stanley Cup with mom and dad behind. George and I have a picture of us with the Stanley Cup. We went to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto one year. Enjoy the games, I'm waiting for the ice dancing. Take care and have fun - Tina
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    I will ditto Emily on the
    I will ditto Emily on the Minnesota religious connection. David Backus who is playing for team USA graduated from the high school I teach at- so of course we have a daily low down on how he did. This is currently overshadowing Mock Trial team, that I coach- so of course we are having a jock vs nerd war at the school!

Will I watch Canada get the crap beat out of her? No way- I hate watching hockey on TV, if I can't watch it in person, forget it!
  • SandyL
    SandyL Member Posts: 218
    Options
    Patteee said:

I will ditto Emily on the
    I will ditto Emily on the Minnesota religious connection. David Backus who is playing for team USA graduated from the high school I teach at- so of course we have a daily low down on how he did. This is currently overshadowing Mock Trial team, that I coach- so of course we are having a jock vs nerd war at the school!

Will I watch Canada get the crap beat out of her? No way- I hate watching hockey on TV, if I can't watch it in person, forget it!

RATS!
    I thought it was on at 7:00 and missed it entirely! Who won?
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    SandyL said:

RATS!
    I thought it was on at 7:00 and missed it entirely! Who won?

It is on right now it
    It is on right now it started @ 7:30. It is the 3rd period + the US is winning 3-2.
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    GO USA!
    As a former hockey mom, I know my way around an ice rink. We are, at this very moment, watching the Russian/Czech game taped on our dvr since we were out x-country skiing on this gorgeous Minnesota day. We are looking forward to the game tonight. My son had a posters on his wall when he was young of Jaomir Jager, Federov, and others.

You know Rob, in Minnesota hockey is a religion just as it is in Canada. And I'm married to a Canuk (born on this side of the border within spitting distance of Kingston, Ont).

Though we are prepared to have our American hinders fairly whooped tonight. :-)

OR NOT!!!! WOOHOOO!! GO USA!

Enjoy!

peace, emily in Minnesota
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    AAAARRGGGHHH!!
    The AGONY of defeat!!

Great game team USA. Awesome goal-tending!

We're down but not out. Perhaps we'll meet again in the playoffs! And yes Kathy... We have a great chance for Gold with our women's team. (if we can beat team USA!!)

Live from Vancouver 2010... Rob; in Vancouver