New to this board

Options
survives
survives Member Posts: 254 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi.

I'm new to this board and site, but not to breast cancer. I am an ALMOST 4 year survivor, having DCIS and IDC in my left breast. My tumors were tiny, but elected to have a mastectomy anyway, thus not having chemo or rads. At the time of my diagnosis, early bc people didn't get Herceptin if their tumors were under 1 cm. Mine was, and even though that rule has been revised, I don't believe I would have received it because both tumors were just that tiny.

I am on Femara, and except for some osteopena that I may or may not have had before bc, I am doing well. I will have a mammo on my remaining breast in March, and hopefully that will confirm that I am still NED. I had tumor markers done in Jan., and they were well within the "normal" range.

Here's to all of our continued good health, and I hope to be able to give someone here some hope down the road.

sheSURVIVES!

Comments

• tricia13
    tricia13 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    soooooo, happy for you. i am
    soooooo, happy for you. i am new to this site also, i am having a lumpectomy done in a couple of days and hoping for the best.
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Welcome
    Glad to hear you are doing well. I'm fairly new to the site also. Meet with my oncologist tomorrow for the first time and I'm a bit nervous about starting chemo. THere are a lot of fantastic women on this site and it's great to hear from people who have a great relationship with NED!
    Hugs,
    Marcy
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to a wonderful group and good luck to you both
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Welcome!
    So many of us are

Welcome!

So many of us are new to the site and look to those who are ahead of us for guidance and answers.

Congratulations on your continued good health.

Sue
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Welcome!
    So many of us are

Welcome!

So many of us are new to the site and look to those who are ahead of us for guidance and answers.

Congratulations on your continued good health.

Sue

That's why I continue to come back.
    It's been a year now. My lumpectomy is healed and other than a daily Arimidex, my quarterly onco visits and 6 month mammos, my life has gone back to normal. I want to be here for the newbies the way that others were here for me when I was newly diagnosed and terrified. I wish all of you a quick recovery from your treatments and come back when you need us.

Roseann
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Warm welcome!
    I'm a 6+ year survivor - and joined this amazing group not quite a year ago... To mark the 5 year anniversary of completion of my own invasive/active treatment: lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiation.

Yes, those of us who have travelled farther along the road have something very imporant to offer the newcomers - HOPE.

Kind regards, Susan
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to the site. I wish you continued health as well.

Take care.

P
  • kimmy101
    kimmy101 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    so glad you are doing great
    thanks for a wonderful update. I will be starting my chemo march 8. Ladies who share their story ( i call it a saga) help me know I am not alone. Thanks so much for sharing. keep smiling...
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    kimmy101 said:

so glad you are doing great
    thanks for a wonderful update. I will be starting my chemo march 8. Ladies who share their story ( i call it a saga) help me know I am not alone. Thanks so much for sharing. keep smiling...

welcome
    wishing you the best!

teresa
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Whoknowz said:

Welcome
    Welcome to a wonderful group and good luck to you both

Just want to welcome you to
    Just want to welcome you to this great site full of support and encouragement.

Angie
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Welcome! So awesome to hear
    Welcome! So awesome to hear your story!

Blessings...
    Julie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    canoegirl said:

Welcome
    Glad to hear you are doing well. I'm fairly new to the site also. Meet with my oncologist tomorrow for the first time and I'm a bit nervous about starting chemo. THere are a lot of fantastic women on this site and it's great to hear from people who have a great relationship with NED!
    Hugs,
    Marcy

Welcome! Congrats on Ned!
    Welcome! Congrats on Ned!

KYLEZ ♥