Hair & Radiation

Options
rene9
rene9 Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just curious, I've read how hair grows after chemo as soon as 3 weeks to 6 weeks later, but does it continues to grow during radiation treatments???

rene9

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, your hair will continue to grow.......radiation, unless being radiated to the head, has nothing to do with your regrowth of hair.........Mine grew like crazy!
  • rene9
    Options
    MAJW said:

Yes
    Yes, your hair will continue to grow.......radiation, unless being radiated to the head, has nothing to do with your regrowth of hair.........Mine grew like crazy!

Thx!
    Oh ok thanks!
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    rene9 said:

Thx!
    Oh ok thanks!

my last treatment
    was Dec 22nd and I have a full head of hair for a few weeks now...good luck!
  • rene9
    Options
    Sam726 said:

my last treatment

Wow!
    Wow! That is very encouraging, ok thanks!!! Then, I'm not so affected now with the hair loss, it's the wigs and my head is forever cold so i have to wear something on it. Then, I'm always told that most black woman wear wigs or hair pieces, well this one didn't! and I truly do not see how most of my friends wear wigs or even hats! I hate them and can't wait for my natural hair to grow back-
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    MAJW said:

Yes

Good to know
    My last chemo was Jan 18 and I'm still waiting for hair to start growing. I do see a dark shadow above my ears.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Sam726 said:

my last treatment

Rads do not affect your hair
    Rads do not affect your hair unless you are having the treatments on your head. So, your hair should do just fine. Good luck!