Pictures of grandchildren

Options
fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I posted 5 pictures from JJ's 5th birthday. They invited all 15 children from his preschool class and their families and 3 children from church and their families. All but 3 families were in attendance. Out of the 20+ children there was only one over the age of 5. Denise and Kyle had areas where the kids could play with musical instruments (Kyle teaches music to preschoolers), an area to do pirate maps, a play area with toys, face painting and temporary tattoos and an area with books and quiet activities (puzzles, etc). It was a costume party so there were pirates, mermaids, and even superman. Instead of games, they decided to just let the kids interact. It was a potluck and there was delious kid friendly food (fruit, finger veggies, spaghetti, pizza, chicken wings, etc). The parents were all so great and everyone took turns overseeing the various activities. With all of these under 5 year olds, I would have bet money that there would have been some altercations over toys etc. There was only one minor crying incident and that involved two babies (under 1) that wanted the same toy. Maybe that's because these children all go to school together and have been conditioned to share. That is not to say it wasn't loud and wild (they are 5 and under) but in a good way. The cake Denise made was amazing and the kid's couldn't wait to devour it. JJ got some nice gifts, books, CDs, coloring stuff, some pirate stuff, and several transformers. He was so cute, keep saying he was a lucky, lucky boy and how the pizza was the best, the cake was the best, and how he was so happy that everyone was there. The party began at noon and it reluctantly ended around 4:30. Couldn't have been a better day. JJ was a good host, bidding each friend goodbye with a treasure chest filled with pirate treasure and Baby Jo had to hug everyone goodbye (it's her new thing). One special moment I have to share with all of you. JJ had all these friends there and they were all playing together. Then he came into the living room and he asked me to come play with him. I told him that he had all his friends here to play with and he said yes but you can play too Grandma cause you're my best buddy (it's what he always tells me). That just melted my heart. And that's why I plan to beat this beast.
Stef

Comments

• Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Stef, sounds like you and
    Stef, sounds like you and all the kids had a great time. Your JJ is a precious little boy. You and I have the same goal, to beat this beast and have fun with our grandchildren for many years to come.
  • fauxma
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Stef, sounds like you and
    Stef, sounds like you and all the kids had a great time. Your JJ is a precious little boy. You and I have the same goal, to beat this beast and have fun with our grandchildren for many years to come.

Go team,
    Go team, Grandchildren!!!
    Stef
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    fauxma said:

Go team,
    Go team, Grandchildren!!!
    Stef

Sounds like a great day
    Sounds like a great day Stef! Love the pics!

Hugs, Megan
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Birthday Magic (with a little help from Mom and Dad)
    Stef, just reading about JJ and his birthday party gladdens my heart. And Grandma being his best buddy? You must have wanted to cry right then and there. You are one loved grandma.

As for the party, WOW. Kyle and Denise are a tour de force. The creativity and thought and effort they put into every aspect of the party is amazing. And, maybe even more amazing in this day and age, is JJ's realizing what a lucky boy he is.

Thank you for sharing JJ's birthday party with us. I am going to visit your page and see the new photos.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Stef I was so moved by your
    Stef I was so moved by your "best buddy's" comments. Your grandchildren are beautiful. From your description sure sounds like it was one fine party.

Grandkids are the greatest and a sure motivation to keep us up and running against the beast. Those little voices and the pitter patter of their little feet are so heart warming and so motivating.

Thank you for sharing JJ's birthday with us. I love to see those little ones.
  • fauxma
    Options
    natly15 said:

Stef I was so moved by your
    Stef I was so moved by your "best buddy's" comments. Your grandchildren are beautiful. From your description sure sounds like it was one fine party.

Grandkids are the greatest and a sure motivation to keep us up and running against the beast. Those little voices and the pitter patter of their little feet are so heart warming and so motivating.

Thank you for sharing JJ's birthday with us. I love to see those little ones.

Natly,
    You enjoy your visit

Natly,
    You enjoy your visit with your little grandbabies also. They will both energize you and wear you out but in a good way. Aren't grandchildren just the best. We are expected to brag about them, we can spoil them and it's okay (to a point of course) and then at the end of the day we can hand them back to their parents. Gosh, it's so darn perfect.
    I hope you have just the best time ever with your family. Take lots of pictures to post. We have to have the kiddie fix.
    Stef
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Natly,
    You enjoy your visit

Natly,
    You enjoy your visit with your little grandbabies also. They will both energize you and wear you out but in a good way. Aren't grandchildren just the best. We are expected to brag about them, we can spoil them and it's okay (to a point of course) and then at the end of the day we can hand them back to their parents. Gosh, it's so darn perfect.
    I hope you have just the best time ever with your family. Take lots of pictures to post. We have to have the kiddie fix.
    Stef

Thanks Stef for sharing this
    Thanks Stef for sharing this great birthday party with us! What a wonderful thing your grandson said to you! I bet you were beaming!

Sue :)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Aren't kids the best!
    Hi Stef saw the picture, they were oh so cute and it was quite evident there was a lot of fun going on! Thanks so much for sharing!

RE
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    RE said:

Aren't kids the best!
    Hi Stef saw the picture, they were oh so cute and it was quite evident there was a lot of fun going on! Thanks so much for sharing!

RE

Love the picture! You have
    Love the picture! You have beautiful grandkids! Glad you had a great day!