Just checking in

Options
Wolfi
Wolfi Member Posts: 425
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I haven't been on for a while so I thought I'd update you on how I'm doing. About three weeks ago I stopped taking Tamoxifen (that I've been on since November). I was having so many cramping pains and just didn't feel right so my oncologist told me to stop taking the medication and see if I felt better. I am feeling a little better but still wake up in the middle of the night with tightness in my chest and swollen (lymphodema) arms and hands.

I have been working on a project for work that is keeping me very busy even on weekends and I had to stop taking classes because it was just too much.

That's about it - nothing else exciting except next week will be my 6 month anniversary of my surgery. Time goes by fast.

I still miss my rads technicians and doctor and think about them often and wonder how they are doing.

It's going to take me a while to get through all the new posts. I hope everyone is doing well.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Hi Wolfi
    Welcome back. You have been missed. I am glad that your are doing ok. I guess side effects from Tamoxifen/menopausal symptoms will gradually go away. Good with you 6 months check up.
    New Flower
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Hi Wolfi, missed you so much
    Hi Wolfi, missed you so much and wondering how things are going for you. Hope you get over these symtoms you're having and feel better soon. Congrats on your 6 month anniversary. I'm still waiting and for now my surgery has been postponed because of heart problems, but I plan on getting on with it as soon as I can. Finally made my decision to have a masectomy with no reconstruction, same as you I think and now having to wait some more. Will be having a cardiac cath on Feb. 25th. Good hearing from you and post when you can.
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Hi Wolfi, missed you so much
    Hi Wolfi, missed you so much and wondering how things are going for you. Hope you get over these symtoms you're having and feel better soon. Congrats on your 6 month anniversary. I'm still waiting and for now my surgery has been postponed because of heart problems, but I plan on getting on with it as soon as I can. Finally made my decision to have a masectomy with no reconstruction, same as you I think and now having to wait some more. Will be having a cardiac cath on Feb. 25th. Good hearing from you and post when you can.

Cardiac cath
    Good luck on getting your cardiac cath. I will be thinking about you and watching for you to post that everything went well.

Yes, I had a bi-lateral without reconstruction. There are days when I look at myself in the mirror and think "When did this happen?" but most days I don't even pay attention and I just go about my work. I have never regretted my decision, only the fact that I had to make a decision at all because of the bc.

Take care!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Cardiac cath
    Good luck on getting your cardiac cath. I will be thinking about you and watching for you to post that everything went well.

Yes, I had a bi-lateral without reconstruction. There are days when I look at myself in the mirror and think "When did this happen?" but most days I don't even pay attention and I just go about my work. I have never regretted my decision, only the fact that I had to make a decision at all because of the bc.

Take care!

Nice to see you posting
    Nice to see you posting again. welcome back.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Welcome Back
    Welcome back, Wolfi. What are you going to do? Will you be starting something else? I have been dragging my feet on starting my Femera. It is suppose to have the same type of effects.

Take care,

P
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Welcome Back
    Welcome back, Wolfi. What are you going to do? Will you be starting something else? I have been dragging my feet on starting my Femera. It is suppose to have the same type of effects.

Take care,

P

Nice to hear from you
    ...hope you are feeling better. I've been on the tamoxifen since late Sept and still feel achey and stiff. I need to make my 1st appt. for my mammogram - it's been almost a year since I was dx. I'm starting to feel really apprehensive about it all -
    anyway, so glad you are starting to feel better - and glad you are posting again -
    -Jennytwist
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Hi Wolfi
    Welcome back. You have been missed. I am glad that your are doing ok. I guess side effects from Tamoxifen/menopausal symptoms will gradually go away. Good with you 6 months check up.
    New Flower

Hey Wolfi! Good to see you
    Hey Wolfi! Good to see you posting! Sorry about the se's with tamox. Sending you prayers and good vibes to keep with you!

Sue :)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Nice to hear from you
    ...hope you are feeling better. I've been on the tamoxifen since late Sept and still feel achey and stiff. I need to make my 1st appt. for my mammogram - it's been almost a year since I was dx. I'm starting to feel really apprehensive about it all -
    anyway, so glad you are starting to feel better - and glad you are posting again -
    -Jennytwist

Wolfi,
    It is good to hear

Wolfi,
    It is good to hear from you. You have been missed.
    Stef
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Welcome Back

Take care,

P

Hi Wolfi!
    Great to see you posting again! We missed you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Cardiac cath

Take care!

Welcome back Wolfi! Glad to
    Welcome back Wolfi! Glad to see you posting again!

♥ Noel