Bald head looks like I have chicken pox...HELP!!!

Options
Tinabug
Tinabug Member Posts: 158
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My hair started falling out 2 weeks ago, so we shaved it(not with a razor.) I still have stubble which is really irritating & I've tried a lint roller & duct tape, but still can't get all of it. Anyway, the past (2) days my head has broken out in little bumps(not attractive) & they hurt. Please, any suggestions, on what I could put on my head to make the bumps go away & get some relief. Thank you.

Huge Hugs,
Tina

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I did nt have this but have
    I did nt have this but have heard of it someone should post soon! Ihope it improves quick!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Pitt had a post about this...
    I remembered Pitt posting something about this a while ago. I have bumped up the thread. I seemed to remember there being a lot of good stuff.

On top of everything else, it's like... REALLY now??

Good luck!

Hugs, Mar
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Pitt had a post about this...
    I remembered Pitt posting something about this a while ago. I have bumped up the thread. I seemed to remember there being a lot of good stuff.

On top of everything else, it's like... REALLY now??

Good luck!

Hugs, Mar

Thank you!!!
    Mar,

Thanks for bumping up the thread for me. You are so right, on top of everything else, now my bald head looks like a teenager's acne covered face...just lovely. I survived my 2nd round of chemo only to have to deal with acne. I've always said, God should give us acne as teenagers & wrinkles as adults...not acne & wrinkles as an adult(especially on my bald head.) Oh well, I'm off to buy some T-Gel...spend a little more $$$ on cancer!!!

Huge Hugs,
    Tina
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Yes
    I had the same thing and my Onc said it was head acne caused from the chemo. I was able to control mine with a medicated shampoo but there is medication they can give you for this too. Check with your Onc. I wore a cap to keep it covered. You are right, it was not very attractive. Hang in there.

P
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    I did not have the bumps,
    I did not have the bumps, but I did have the stubble for a long time and it hurt. I also was told to try the lint roller and duck tape. Nothing worked for that. I kept shaving the area, and then one day it was just gone.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Tina,I have been wondering
    Tina,

I have been wondering how you were doing and I'm sorry to hear about 'the bumps', but I am glad to see you still have your humor which I have admired so much. Take care.

Sue
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Tina,I have been wondering
    Tina,

I have been wondering how you were doing and I'm sorry to hear about 'the bumps', but I am glad to see you still have your humor which I have admired so much. Take care.

Sue

Tina, it sounds like you mite
    have folliculitis, which is an infection of the hair follicels. (I'm sure I'm not spelling that right) I had that all over my head and my onc gave me an Rx of Augmentin for it. It started out with red bumps and then they got little white heads on them. I put Calamine Lotion on them but had to get the Rx to get rid of it. That was last Oct and I still have red spots, maybe scars? from them. The bumps itched at first and then hurt.

I never did lose all my hair, after it was buzzed some stayed even with a lint roller daily. But after a little while they quit bothering me.

Good luck with the bumps, if they persist, call your onc. Hopefully it's just a rash.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Tina, I am so sorry that you
    Tina, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I remember vividly how it felt to have acne on my scalp. I hated it!!! I ended up going to a dermatologist who gave me an oral antibiotic. They told me that cytoxan often causes skin infections like the one you're describing. Anyway, the antibiotic started drying up the acne within hours! If your oncologist doesn't give you something for this right away then go see a dermatologist...they're used to it! Good luck!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

Tina, I am so sorry that you
    Tina, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I remember vividly how it felt to have acne on my scalp. I hated it!!! I ended up going to a dermatologist who gave me an oral antibiotic. They told me that cytoxan often causes skin infections like the one you're describing. Anyway, the antibiotic started drying up the acne within hours! If your oncologist doesn't give you something for this right away then go see a dermatologist...they're used to it! Good luck!

I had the rash from taxol
    I had the rash from taxol all over my face, felt like sandpaper. Its better now off taxol. but it was like acne.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

I had the rash from taxol
    I had the rash from taxol all over my face, felt like sandpaper. Its better now off taxol. but it was like acne.

Tina, is your rash any
    Tina, is your rash any better yet?

Hugs, Leeza
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Wondering how you are Tinabug
    I haven't seen a post recently, of course I could have missed it, but... how are you?

Hugs and prayers, Firecracker

Sue