First week of rads done

Options
Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So I have had 5 treatments done so far. Not really a big deal..yet! Lets hope it stays that way. It is so tedious driving over there every dang day. I think that is going to get old, quick. One of the few things that keeps me motivated is that my rad tech is a really cute guy! WOOT WOOT!! Lucky me:) You think he likes girls with boy hair cuts? LOL

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It helps to have a cute one
    It helps to have a cute one to look at. Keep the lotions and creams on.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

It helps to have a cute one
    It helps to have a cute one to look at. Keep the lotions and creams on.

Glad that your rads are
    Glad that your rads are going well for you. Keep the creams on and get lots of rest!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

Glad that your rads are
    Glad that your rads are going well for you. Keep the creams on and get lots of rest!

Just stay motivated thinking
    Just stay motivated thinking that rads are killing any stray cancer cells. Good luck!

Hugs, Debby
  • Sharon40
    Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
    Options
    yeah!
    I am starting next week, so I'll be right behind you! Good luck!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Sharon40 said:

yeah!
    I am starting next week, so I'll be right behind you! Good luck!

Good luck with rads Sharon
    Good luck with rads Sharon and glad you have one week done Sam! Having a cute tech is a bonus!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Just ahead of you
    I had #9 Friday. They have a gorgeous picture on the ceiling with a fountain, daffodils, tulips, and other flowers, looks like a beautiful park. It's nice to focus on all that gorgeousness and vitality while I'm getting zapped.

Good luck to us all!
  • Tyari
    Tyari Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Way to go!
    way to go getting your first week out of the way! Bonus on the cute tech, maybe you can go twice a day ;) I'll be doing #20 on monday. things are a tad tight. If you get tight ask your doctor about Biafine cream. It's wonderful stuff!

Take Care
    TY
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tyari said:

Way to go!
    way to go getting your first week out of the way! Bonus on the cute tech, maybe you can go twice a day ;) I'll be doing #20 on monday. things are a tad tight. If you get tight ask your doctor about Biafine cream. It's wonderful stuff!

Take Care
    TY

Congrats Sam! Lucky you to
    Congrats Sam! Lucky you to have a cute tech! I was given Biafine for any burn that I might get and Aquaphor to keep my skin moist. They both worked! Only use what your own rads oncologist says to use though. Use your creams!

HUGS
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Great job
    for that rad tech to be lucky enough to get you for a patient!!

My mom always recommended batting eyelashes - if you have any it might help ;-)

Good luck - especially with the rest of your treatments. We know the cute tech is just a bonus!

Cindy
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Great job
    for that rad tech to be lucky enough to get you for a patient!!

My mom always recommended batting eyelashes - if you have any it might help ;-)

Good luck - especially with the rest of your treatments. We know the cute tech is just a bonus!

Cindy

Hey Sam, glad you're doing
    Hey Sam, glad you're doing well after your first week. I'm not there yet. You betcha that cute tech likes girls with short hair and he's probably falling for you every time he sees you. Just look for that twinkle in his eyes. Best wishes as you continue thru your rads. Keep us posted.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    And isn't it just amazing
    And isn't it just amazing that cancer doesn't grow on weekends!!? I think holidays are exempt from cancer too! Either that, or those rads are rather like a BC microwave; even when out of the oven, the cooking continues! :-)

Congrats on one week down~ a milestone indeed, Sam! And what's no to like about you? Boy haircut, scarred boobs, the Women of CSN BC Boards rock!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    chenheart said:

And isn't it just amazing
    And isn't it just amazing that cancer doesn't grow on weekends!!? I think holidays are exempt from cancer too! Either that, or those rads are rather like a BC microwave; even when out of the oven, the cooking continues! :-)

Congrats on one week down~ a milestone indeed, Sam! And what's no to like about you? Boy haircut, scarred boobs, the Women of CSN BC Boards rock!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Feels good to be starting
    Feels good to be starting rads and to have one week done, doesn't it? You can do it Sam. Just keep the lotions on and get lots of rest. We will all celebrate when you finish! It will go quickly.

Megan
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    One Way
    One way to find out is to ask your tech out. See what he says. I started spiking my
    hair. My coworkers call me Storm since it is coming in grey. Keep it up. Soon your rads will be done.

P
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

One Way
    One way to find out is to ask your tech out. See what he says. I started spiking my
    hair. My coworkers call me Storm since it is coming in grey. Keep it up. Soon your rads will be done.

P

A cute one!
    Ohhhhhhh, so you have a cute one too? I had one male tech and he was so sweet, so kind. He would always offer me his hand to help me up from the cold metal table. lol Thank goodness for those warm blankets. Make sure you get one. Wishing you continued good luck with your rads Sam! Get rest and use whatever creams your rads oncologist allows you to.

Sue :)