Numbness

Options
Sher43009
Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After reading Aztec's post where she mentioned going numb I was wondering if anyone else has a numbness? I had my 6th herceptin last Wed. and both arms, hands and around my mouth went numb. I had a little of it last time (with my 5th) but didn't think anything of it. Even today I still have some numbness. My oncol. thought it was strange and herceptin should not cause this. I seem to get all the side effects most people don't. Even one of the nurses started singing "Only You" to me.

Sher

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    not me
    Hey girl..Ive had 7 Herceptins and havent had that problem. Anything else going on that would cause this?
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    You are not the "Only You".
    You are not the "Only You". I get numbness in the fingers of my left hand. Onc thinks its a pinched nerve or some kind of damage.

My infusion nurse said "here comes trouble" at my last infusion. If this is any consolation to you, I'm completely exhausted after my 6th infusion, have 2 more to go. I developed a terrible infection at the surgical sites after my 2nd surgery last August and just went off antibiotics in the past few weeks. At my first taxol infusion, I had an adverse reaction to benadryl and then developed debilitating pain from the top of my head to the tip of my toes and could barely walk after the taxol. At my 2nd taxol infusion, my body simply rejected it 7 minutes into the infusion and I nearly passed out. It all happened within seconds. Fortunately my nurses were very quick acting, stopped the infusion and gave me oxygen.

I'm really not trouble, I think I'm pleasant, do everything they say to do, but my body gets resistant. I hope this was some consolation to you. It sure did help me unload some things. We are all so unique, and cancer treatement in my opinion is a crap shoot. They've come a long way with treatments and meds, but have so much further to go.
  • Sher43009
    Options
    Sam726 said:

not me
    Hey girl..Ive had 7 Herceptins and havent had that problem. Anything else going on that would cause this?

Nope, I thought it was the
    Nope, I thought it was the way I was sitting in the recliner but nothing relieved it. I'll have to wait and see if it happens next time. I go for an echocardiogram on Thurs. because I get out of breath from the tomoxefin. The chemo also caused bladder damage (blood in urine from the cytoxin) so I also have an over active bladder so I'm on Vesicare. Life as I know it is fun.
  • Sher43009
    Options
    natly15 said:

You are not the "Only You".
    You are not the "Only You". I get numbness in the fingers of my left hand. Onc thinks its a pinched nerve or some kind of damage.

My infusion nurse said "here comes trouble" at my last infusion. If this is any consolation to you, I'm completely exhausted after my 6th infusion, have 2 more to go. I developed a terrible infection at the surgical sites after my 2nd surgery last August and just went off antibiotics in the past few weeks. At my first taxol infusion, I had an adverse reaction to benadryl and then developed debilitating pain from the top of my head to the tip of my toes and could barely walk after the taxol. At my 2nd taxol infusion, my body simply rejected it 7 minutes into the infusion and I nearly passed out. It all happened within seconds. Fortunately my nurses were very quick acting, stopped the infusion and gave me oxygen.

I'm really not trouble, I think I'm pleasant, do everything they say to do, but my body gets resistant. I hope this was some consolation to you. It sure did help me unload some things. We are all so unique, and cancer treatement in my opinion is a crap shoot. They've come a long way with treatments and meds, but have so much further to go.

Hi Natly, Taxol also kicked
    Hi Natly, Taxol also kicked by butt. I had to stop after only 1 dose. That was back in Oct. but who knows if the numbness is from that or not.