Options
2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thank you, guys
    I needed a pick-me-up today and you gave it to me. Today as I was cleaning out my office at work, I came across my old "cancer notebook." You know, the one where you write down all the relevant phone numbers and all the awful appointments that you have to go to in the beginning? So many that your head spins? I don't know why but it really sent me for a tailspin. I suddenly felt so tired and didn't want to do anything -- not eat well, exercise, or pursue my dreams. It just seemed all so difficult all of the sudden, you know? Thank you for helping me out on a day like this. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mimi

Mimi,
    I am so sorry that you

Mimi,
    I am so sorry that you were in a tailspin. Several weeks ago I was cleaning out drawers and came across my journal from my cancer in 2000. I should just have thrown it out but I read some of it. I would have thought that reading it would have been good because I am so far from those moments facing the unknown back then but like you it triggered something very down in me. I didn't read too much and then I tore each page out and shredded them. And that felt wonderful. It was like saying I am not that woman, I am so far beyond all that. So I think you should do the same (unless there is information you really need and then transfer it to something else). You are so far from where you were then. Look at you, job promotion, back on track with film school, hair (don't underestimate that), and just living life. And that is how you should be. You are MiMi, the warrior, the princess, the next Martin Scorsese, beloved by many, and NED. As a film student you might want to write about your experiences before, during and after cancer and develop it into a film. There are many more young women facing this and you could speak to them. Maybe a film that doesn't focus only on the disease and treatment (although this should be addressed) but on the after time compared to before. How it does change you but that it doesn't have to be a bad change. Just a thought. You could call it After.
    I hope that you have bounced back a bit and don't let the past dictate your future.
    Stef
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Mimi thank you for sharing
    Mimi thank you for sharing this with us. It was really cute and also encourages all us gals in treatment. You are so young and have so many wonderful years ahead of you. I'm happy you are continuing to pursue your dreams. This is about enjoying life and living it to the fullest.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Mimi, I watched it several
    Mimi, I watched it several days ago and must say I loved it. Keep up your program and we'll be watching YOU receive your awards on TV before it's all said and done. Great job!!!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Mimi, I watched it several
    Mimi, I watched it several days ago and must say I loved it. Keep up your program and we'll be watching YOU receive your awards on TV before it's all said and done. Great job!!!

Wow Mimi
    That was really good! Keep sending us these...I truley enjoyed it! very cute and uplifting,,,I loved it!
    big Hugs, I"m so proud of you,
    Jackie
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Wow Mimi
    That was really good! Keep sending us these...I truley enjoyed it! very cute and uplifting,,,I loved it!
    big Hugs, I"m so proud of you,
    Jackie

Mimi, finally watched your
    Mimi, finally watched your film my husband helped me find it, I am so bad with the computer. I loved it will show it to m daughters, You have a future! we will all be cheering atthe academy awards!!!