PORT REMOVAL APPROVED BY ONC!!!! YIPPEEEEE

Options
Mama G
Mama G Member Posts: 762
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
But now I wonder how they remove it? The surgeon put it in under anesthesia in a hospital, do I have to do that again?

I'm so happy to put this behind me!

Comments

• teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    congrats
    congrats to you . i didnt have a port with chemo but i have heard it is taken out in dr's office.

teresa
  • pdv
    pdv Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!!
    You Rock Mama G....congratulations for you!

Pat
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    Options
    pdv said:

Woohoo!!!!!
    You Rock Mama G....congratulations for you!

Pat

Yay!
    I couldn't wait for the day to get my port out. They took mine out the same way they put it in. I wasn't totally asleep, just very sleepy and loopy. Didn't take long, at least it didn't feel like it did.

Congratulations!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Yay!
    I couldn't wait for the day to get my port out. They took mine out the same way they put it in. I wasn't totally asleep, just very sleepy and loopy. Didn't take long, at least it didn't feel like it did.

Congratulations!!

Congrats Lorraine!
    Congrats Lorraine!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    That's excellent!
    Wow! That's excellent, Lorraine... and so quick! You'll have to let us know when and how. I'm curious too. I figured I'd be keeping mine in for a while as they talked about flushing it every 3 weeks. I guess I imagined them taking it out when I go for my reconstruction, but I guess I'll see. Good luck and congrats! Can't wait til this thing is outta me!
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Congrats Lorraine!
    Congrats Lorraine!

So happy for you Lorraine!
    So happy for you Lorraine! My visualization through this whole journey is walking into the hospital out-patient to get my port removed! You'll have to celebrate big time!
    Sher
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    SAAAWWWWWWEEEEEEEET!!
    SAAAWWWWWWEEEEEEEET!! Congrats on the port coming out!! Keep on keeping on and soon you'll be celebrating your dance with ned :)
    Much Love and Many Hugs,
    Kari
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I'm with
    I'm with you..........YIPPEE!!! Another milestone!!! Get those dancing shoes ready!!!!!!!!!!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Awesome
    Awesome!!!!! What a great feeling. Celebrate the moment.

P
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hoorayyy!!!!!
    What a wonderful feeling to have that be a part of your past!

Congratulations!

Cindy
  • sunnyone5
    sunnyone5 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    treatment
    Is this the tube that is put in, in order to put the chemo in? Is it painful?
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    sunnyone5 said:

treatment
    Is this the tube that is put in, in order to put the chemo in? Is it painful?

Not painful to have it put in...
    because they put me in the hospital and put me out for it. No pain afterward at all.
    In fact I went to DisneyWorld later that same day.
    It helps save your veins during chemo as it supplies another avenue for the chemicals to enter your body and do their thing. I did get some lidoccaine(sp?) ointment to use on it before each treatment, though and it made the insertion pain-free. One of the best $10 I ever spent!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

SAAAWWWWWWEEEEEEEET!!
    SAAAWWWWWWEEEEEEEET!! Congrats on the port coming out!! Keep on keeping on and soon you'll be celebrating your dance with ned :)
    Much Love and Many Hugs,
    Kari

Good!
    Excellent news Lorraine! Congrats!

Hugs, Leeza
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

Not painful to have it put in...
    because they put me in the hospital and put me out for it. No pain afterward at all.
    In fact I went to DisneyWorld later that same day.
    It helps save your veins during chemo as it supplies another avenue for the chemicals to enter your body and do their thing. I did get some lidoccaine(sp?) ointment to use on it before each treatment, though and it made the insertion pain-free. One of the best $10 I ever spent!

congrats Mama G Lorraine.
    congrats Mama G Lorraine. you are awesome!