Anyone have problems with bruising after infusion at port site?

Options
kiki14738
kiki14738 Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yesterday was my third A/C infusion. Same nurse I had before (very good). This time, I bled more than usual at the site upon removal of cath. I have a round bruise covering the "nob" as I call it. Anyone have this problem? Should I be concerned? I'm having my Neulasta tomorrow and will have someone look at it. I'm just curious about the occurance.

Thanks,

Kim

Comments

• Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    Never had that happen, but maybe it's like any bruise you can get with a regualar IV. Please let us know what they say tomorrow.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, I had that but it was because the port "rolled" and she missed the target. It felt like I was being attacked by Jason. I was bruised for about a week. Let them know about it if you don't get to feeling better.

P
  • kiki14738
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Yes
    Yes, I had that but it was because the port "rolled" and she missed the target. It felt like I was being attacked by Jason. I was bruised for about a week. Let them know about it if you don't get to feeling better.

P

Thank you. My mom had a med
    Thank you. My mom had a med port as well and she had that happen once. She said something about the blood backing up. I will ask tomorrow and let ya know!

Kim
  • kiki14738
    Options
    kiki14738 said:

Thank you. My mom had a med
    Thank you. My mom had a med port as well and she had that happen once. She said something about the blood backing up. I will ask tomorrow and let ya know!

Kim

dr today
    the doc wasn't overly concerned because the bruise was just over the silicone part. as long as it continues to heal it will be ok. she also said she would mention it to the infusion dept.