Anyone else 1/2 way through rads and exhausted ?

Options
GrandmaJ
GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Gee, I didn't expect to be this tired so quicky, but I guess working full time doesn't help matters much. Feel bad for hubby cause I get home from work, eat and by 7 pm I'm ready for bed.....this fatigue is worse than from chemo.

Judy

Comments

• Tyari
    Tyari Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Little over half way
    18 out of 28 od rads done. I'm pretty tired. But I'm not sure if it's the Rads or not sleeping due to hot flashes!

Take care TY
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Tyari said:

Little over half way
    18 out of 28 od rads done. I'm pretty tired. But I'm not sure if it's the Rads or not sleeping due to hot flashes!

Take care TY

I only have 3 more rads
    I only have 3 more rads treatments left. It's really just this passed week that it has kicked my butt.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I'm a little bummed to read
    I'm a little bummed to read this! I'm going to be going into this exhausted as chemo really kicked my butt! Now you say that rads is WORSE?? UGGHHH!!!!!!!!
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

I'm a little bummed to read this! I'm going to be going into this exhausted as chemo really kicked my butt! Now you say that rads is WORSE?? UGGHHH!!!!!!!!

NO...
    NO, No, NO,,,,, rads are not worse than chemo. I am still working full time, which is part of the reason I am very tired. I guess I just expected the fatigue to hit later than it did, but doctor says everyone is different. I'm still able to do everything, I just go to bed a lot earlier than I ever did and I sleep very late on Sat and Sun. You will do fine. My sister in law is on radiation treatment #22 and she has had very little fatigue, but she does not work outside the home...... Also I am 65 years old....you are probably much younger...

Judy
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I start my third week of
    I start my third week of rads tomorrow - so far it has been a 'cake walk'. I started a week after the 12th Taxol and was totally wiped out - exhaustion wise from it. Every day now (so far) I have had more energy/been less tired. Taste is definately coming back and a bit of appetite but not much of it yet.

A/C wasn't bad, Taxol was worse than BAD but rads aren't bad at all.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    GrandmaJ said:

NO...
    NO, No, NO,,,,, rads are not worse than chemo. I am still working full time, which is part of the reason I am very tired. I guess I just expected the fatigue to hit later than it did, but doctor says everyone is different. I'm still able to do everything, I just go to bed a lot earlier than I ever did and I sleep very late on Sat and Sun. You will do fine. My sister in law is on radiation treatment #22 and she has had very little fatigue, but she does not work outside the home...... Also I am 65 years old....you are probably much younger...

Judy

I was more tired during and
    I was more tired during and after rads, but i think it was just a cumulative effect. Chemo, surgery, then rads. Plus, i was working full time through all of this. I was very sleepy, very hard to stay awake. take care.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Exhausted and fried!
    2/3's of the way thru and it's a good thing my hubby drives me to rads because I fall asleep as soon as we start back home (it's only a 1/2 hr drive). Then I come home and nap for an hour or two.

I will start back to work 3/1 with 5 rads to go (boosts). I can't imagine how our sisters who work through chemo and rads do it - and some with kids and other stuff going on!

Sue
  • nonniev
    nonniev Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Rads and exhausted
    I am going thru six weeks of Radiation. I have just finished my 3rd week and I am exhausted. I was thinking it was because I went thru 16 weeks of chemo, then surgery. So it is nice to see it is a normal process to be exhausted. I work full time also.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

UGGHHH!!!
    Ugh is right. I finished chemo and went into RADS. I was very exhausted. Just get plenty of rest and take your iron tablets if you need to build up strength.

P
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    nonniev said:

Rads and exhausted
    I am going thru six weeks of Radiation. I have just finished my 3rd week and I am exhausted. I was thinking it was because I went thru 16 weeks of chemo, then surgery. So it is nice to see it is a normal process to be exhausted. I work full time also.

I have 1 rad left and I'm
    I have 1 rad left and I'm exhausted. I don't know if it is the radiation treatments or if it's just because radiation treatments are the last item on the list. I have had surgery, basically 6 months of chemo and finally 7 weeks of radiation. And, most of the treatment has been out of town - 12 hour days when I was going down for chemo. Oh yea, I'm trying to work full time too. But, it could be a lot worse. :)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    TxLady said:

I have 1 rad left and I'm
    I have 1 rad left and I'm exhausted. I don't know if it is the radiation treatments or if it's just because radiation treatments are the last item on the list. I have had surgery, basically 6 months of chemo and finally 7 weeks of radiation. And, most of the treatment has been out of town - 12 hour days when I was going down for chemo. Oh yea, I'm trying to work full time too. But, it could be a lot worse. :)

My hat/wig is off and I'm
    My hat/wig is off and I'm bowing my bald head to all you ladies who continue to work during treatment. You guys are unbelievable. I'm still going thru chemo and have been mostly in bed since my last infusion on Tuesday 2/9. Talk about exhaustion, I think chemo has really caught up with me. As I said earlier, I'm just too pooped to pop. I do have an inherited anemia and I'm 67 so that probably factors into it.