Does anyone know what to do about the foamy substance that develops

Options
Caballero38
Caballero38 Member Posts: 35
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced that foamy substance that develops in your stomach? I've had it for the last few nights and it is very discomforting. Have you found a way to treat yourself when it happens or even know what it is, and why it happens>?

Any information would be a big help.

Thanks. God Bless!!!

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hey Luis,
    Glad to hear from

Hey Luis,
    Glad to hear from you. I have heard of some people on this site with that same side effect and complaint.
    You should get alot of responses. How is the treatment going otherwise? Best of luck to you. Praying for you daily.
    Tina
  • mumphy
    mumphy Member Posts: 440
    Options

Hey Luis,
    Glad to hear from

Hey Luis,
    Glad to hear from you. I have heard of some people on this site with that same side effect and complaint.
    You should get alot of responses. How is the treatment going otherwise? Best of luck to you. Praying for you daily.
    Tina

Al has it also
    Hi Luis,

Al has this on and off for a while the Doc's keep saying it's from the surgery. I know that your not supposed to drink sodas, but for some reason it does help Al. He doesn't drink alot
    of it or it will give him terrible gas.

I have also heard about papaya juice helps.

Try them and see what happens,

God Bless,
    Kath
  • Caballero38
    Caballero38 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    mumphy said:

Al has it also
    Hi Luis,

Al has this on and off for a while the Doc's keep saying it's from the surgery. I know that your not supposed to drink sodas, but for some reason it does help Al. He doesn't drink alot
    of it or it will give him terrible gas.

I have also heard about papaya juice helps.

Try them and see what happens,

God Bless,
    Kath

Al has it also
    Tina: thank you for your post and keeping me in your prayer. I'm doing fine with the treatment. I just finished Radiation this past Friday, and I think that's why I'm having so much trouble with the foam. On the Chemo, I'm on my 5th on. Every time I have Chemo, I am full of energy and hungry for a couple of days, sometimes more. I just had Ice cream, and I haven't eaten any food since last Friday. So I think I'm doing better.

Kath: I'm happy to hear from you. It seems to me that something like soda will help with the feeling that I have, but because of what I hear that we're not suppose to drink soda I don't. I'll try a few sips. I'll also try papaya juice. I've wanted to buy a juicer; this is a good excuse to do it. Fresh juice will not hurt at all right... :-)

How is Al doing these days? I've tried to keep up, but my mind is most of the time in a daze throughout the day. I’m on so much pain meds that I’m always either sleeping or dazed.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned these following. Since I also had the neck surgery, my throat is not straight any longer. I have trouble with phlegm; it's coming out with difficulty and bloody. The night before, I felt like I was choking on it and no matter how much I coughed it just wouldn't come out. It was stuck in my throat,.AHHH!!!
    I finally threw up a lot of vile and the stringy, bloody mucus. Of course I felt better when it finally came out.

Thanks for your Suggestions; I'll let you know how it goes.
  • MOE58
    MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Al has it also
    Tina: thank you for your post and keeping me in your prayer. I'm doing fine with the treatment. I just finished Radiation this past Friday, and I think that's why I'm having so much trouble with the foam. On the Chemo, I'm on my 5th on. Every time I have Chemo, I am full of energy and hungry for a couple of days, sometimes more. I just had Ice cream, and I haven't eaten any food since last Friday. So I think I'm doing better.

Kath: I'm happy to hear from you. It seems to me that something like soda will help with the feeling that I have, but because of what I hear that we're not suppose to drink soda I don't. I'll try a few sips. I'll also try papaya juice. I've wanted to buy a juicer; this is a good excuse to do it. Fresh juice will not hurt at all right... :-)

How is Al doing these days? I've tried to keep up, but my mind is most of the time in a daze throughout the day. I’m on so much pain meds that I’m always either sleeping or dazed.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned these following. Since I also had the neck surgery, my throat is not straight any longer. I have trouble with phlegm; it's coming out with difficulty and bloody. The night before, I felt like I was choking on it and no matter how much I coughed it just wouldn't come out. It was stuck in my throat,.AHHH!!!
    I finally threw up a lot of vile and the stringy, bloody mucus. Of course I felt better when it finally came out.

Thanks for your Suggestions; I'll let you know how it goes.

FOAMY WHITE STUFF
    Luis,

Just to let you know Jeff had this same thing, sometimes, its what you eat like dairy products sugars, milk, things like that, with your new stomach you cant throw up any more like real food, so it this stuff that comes, it will go away, but it all takes time and since you have had more surgery is probably why yours is taking longer. I know if jeff eats too much sweets, like syrup, or milk sometimes this happens. Its just part of the surgery and it all goes along. Jeff is doing good but has his days off and on. If I can help further let me know.

Lori
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    MOE58 said:

FOAMY WHITE STUFF
    Luis,

Just to let you know Jeff had this same thing, sometimes, its what you eat like dairy products sugars, milk, things like that, with your new stomach you cant throw up any more like real food, so it this stuff that comes, it will go away, but it all takes time and since you have had more surgery is probably why yours is taking longer. I know if jeff eats too much sweets, like syrup, or milk sometimes this happens. Its just part of the surgery and it all goes along. Jeff is doing good but has his days off and on. If I can help further let me know.

Lori

Hey again Luis, Thanks for
    Hey again Luis,
    Thanks for the update. Now from your description......ummmm.....I know exactly what you are talking about!! That sounds real rough to go through. Have you ever tried mucinex? It is for taking care of all that nasty stuff that gets stuck in our throats. Alot of us get this from allergies, and post nasal drip. This mucinex will help to dry up the mucus. Just a thought. I agree with Lori, try to stay away from alot of milk and dairy. These both cause alot of mucus to form in your throat. Good luck to you.
    Prayers always!
    Tina