LCEE Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
about to undergo chemo want to know what to expect

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    LCEE
    So sorry you have to go through this, but I'm glad you found this place. It's a wonderful place for support and information.

What medications are you getting? I'm going for my 4th and final round of Cytoxan and Taxotere (C/T) tomorrow. I didn't have bad side effects at all. No matter what "cocktail" you're getting, you should make sure to drink LOTS of water before, during and after. Eat lightly before your treatment and most find it's best to sort of graze afterwards. Take you anti-nausea meds even if you don't feel like you need them. Make sure you ask you doc who you can call if you need help or have questions when their office is closed.

I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Welcome to these boards, but sorry you have to be here.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

LCEE
    So sorry you have to go through this, but I'm glad you found this place. It's a wonderful place for support and information.

What medications are you getting? I'm going for my 4th and final round of Cytoxan and Taxotere (C/T) tomorrow. I didn't have bad side effects at all. No matter what "cocktail" you're getting, you should make sure to drink LOTS of water before, during and after. Eat lightly before your treatment and most find it's best to sort of graze afterwards. Take you anti-nausea meds even if you don't feel like you need them. Make sure you ask you doc who you can call if you need help or have questions when their office is closed.

I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Welcome to these boards, but sorry you have to be here.

Take care,
    Cindy

Welcome, LCEE
    Everyone reacts differently to chemo, so it's almost impossible (and very frustrating) to know how you'll react until you get through the first one. But know that chemo really is do-able now -- they have so many good drugs for side effects now, it's nothing like it used to be or like what you see on tv.

Do let us know what "cocktail" you'll be getting, so those of us who've had the same medications can share our experiences with you.

Traci
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Welcome, LCEE
    Everyone reacts differently to chemo, so it's almost impossible (and very frustrating) to know how you'll react until you get through the first one. But know that chemo really is do-able now -- they have so many good drugs for side effects now, it's nothing like it used to be or like what you see on tv.

Do let us know what "cocktail" you'll be getting, so those of us who've had the same medications can share our experiences with you.

Traci

I didn't take chemo Lcee,
    I didn't take chemo Lcee, but, wanted to wish you good luck!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome, LCEE, to the group.
    Welcome, LCEE, to the group. I had the same cocktail as Cindy and didn't have much in the way of side effects either. Most important thing is to drink plenty of liguids, preferably water. Let us kow what your cocktail will be. You'll do just fine, as Traci said, it's nothing like it used to be. Good luck and we'll be here to support and provide encouragement, if needed.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    LCEE
    Welcome to "Our Place", but sorry for the reason you are here. I had carboplaten/taxotere and my side effects were the loss of my hair and loss of taste. My hair started growing back in within a month of my last chemo, but it took a little longer for my tastebuds to wake up. There are meds for the nausea, so thankfully its not like in the old days, but then everyone reacts differently. Just keep thinking, once it starts, you are on your way to the Big Dance with NED. I will keep you in my prayers and please keep posting - as Frasier would say "I (we are) am listening."

Hugs - Pat