Options
2»

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Aspirin
    That is good news.My heart Dr. had me taking one a day all ready.So I was glad to hear that.

My turn now, I think it's because of the bleeding issue
    Since it's been causing bleeding that's been in the news more than the good effects.
    My oncologist said GO FOR IT! She says aspirin has long been none to have many good effects, so why not! She had not seen the news, though. hmmmm
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Aspirin on Rads
    Of course I will ask my doc, but does anyone know if you can take aspirin while getting radiation?

Marlene
    Ask your radiation oncologist
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

My turn now, I think it's because of the bleeding issue
    Since it's been causing bleeding that's been in the news more than the good effects.
    My oncologist said GO FOR IT! She says aspirin has long been none to have many good effects, so why not! She had not seen the news, though. hmmmm

We watched this on tv too.
    We watched this on tv too. Thanks Lorraine for posting it here. We have taken one everyday for a long time.

HUGS
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    My Oncologist Yesterday...
    I just met with my oncologist yesterday (post Chemo and Rads appt) and she instructed me to take one baby aspirin daily to help with issues of taking Tamoxifen. She had also mentioned the study that shows a baby aspirin a day has been linked to lower recurrence for breast cancer patients. I took my first one this morning... Every little bit helps! :-) Pitt
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

I just met with my oncologist yesterday (post Chemo and Rads appt) and she instructed me to take one baby aspirin daily to help with issues of taking Tamoxifen. She had also mentioned the study that shows a baby aspirin a day has been linked to lower recurrence for breast cancer patients. I took my first one this morning... Every little bit helps! :-) Pitt

Thanks Lorraine!
    Took mine this morning!

Sue :)
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

Pitt
    I'm interested to hear what you mean about taking aspirin to help with "issues of taking Tamoxifen" -- I haven't heard of that before, can you tell a little more about that?

Traci
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Pitt
    I'm interested to hear what you mean about taking aspirin to help with "issues of taking Tamoxifen" -- I haven't heard of that before, can you tell a little more about that?

Traci

Traci,
    My onocologist has me

Traci,

My onocologist has me taking a regular aspirin every day with the Tamoxifen to help prevent blood clots, as that can be one of the side effects.
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Options
    My onco said no aspirin while on chemo
    heart troubles
    as ya'll know chemo & radation can affect the heart
    hence, he said, "no matter who is treating you for what, NO Aspirin, unless they jump up & down" then still call me.
    No clue I have not taken any since dx Oct 09
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

My onco said no aspirin while on chemo
    heart troubles
    as ya'll know chemo & radation can affect the heart
    hence, he said, "no matter who is treating you for what, NO Aspirin, unless they jump up & down" then still call me.
    No clue I have not taken any since dx Oct 09

You said "I have not taken
    You said "I have not taken any since dx Oct 09". Did your onco say to NEVER take aspirin again or just during chemo? Confused. Thanks.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

You said "I have not taken
    You said "I have not taken any since dx Oct 09". Did your onco say to NEVER take aspirin again or just during chemo? Confused. Thanks.

e mail
    i got this in a email today from caring 4 cancer.

Among women who are at least one year beyond a diagnosis of early-stage breast cancer, regular aspirin use may reduce the risk of breast cancer recurrence and death. These results were published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.

teresa