Pain in stomach and back from ovarian cancer

Options
azgrandma
azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I had surgery nov 16 and am half done with chemo
I have had almost a constant bladder infection , have been on antibiotics since nov. My urine the last two times has come back no infection, onocologist says to check ith primary doctor, primary doctor says get off meds for infection.
They put a stint in my uretha , could this be causing the irritation in my bladder

also have lots of pain in stomach and back

Is anyone else having these kind of symtomns

How long till yu know if the chemo is working?

Az grandma

Comments

• msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    As far as how long before
    As far as how long before you know the chemo is working; it is usually after they have completed the chemo treatments upon which shortly or immediately afterwards they order a cat-scan or pet-scan to determine if any of the tumors were actually shrunken as a result of your treatments.

Also, I remember a couple of times based on the ca-125 numbers dropping they can also determine that the chemo is working as well; in fact for the oncologists, the ca-125 readings were usually a great indicator (for them) as to if the chemo was working (numbers drop), or if not (numbers increase).

I did'nt have the experience with the stint, but I know there are some ladies who probably have.

Hope I helped with the chemo issue though.

Sharon
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    stomach pain
    Hi AZ G,

I did have various stomach aches and pains on and off during my treatment with carbo/taxol. I did have an illeostomy though and after having it reversed my bowels and stomach aches were almost daily. I did not have a stent or any urinary issues.

Your ca125 should be dropping with the carbo/taxol. Also you will have an end of treatment ct scan and maybe a 'second look' surgery.

Hope you tolerate the treatment well. Good luck
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    nancy591 said:

stomach pain
    Hi AZ G,

I did have various stomach aches and pains on and off during my treatment with carbo/taxol. I did have an illeostomy though and after having it reversed my bowels and stomach aches were almost daily. I did not have a stent or any urinary issues.

Your ca125 should be dropping with the carbo/taxol. Also you will have an end of treatment ct scan and maybe a 'second look' surgery.

Hope you tolerate the treatment well. Good luck

Stomach paiin
    I will have to ask them if it is dropping. Would your onemtium show up on a scan? They did not mention it before wonder if the fluid was covering it up