I'm FREE....my hair is blowing in the wind!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    pdv said:

A Real Inspiration
    Your story is a real inspiration to me as I have yet to even begin any treatment. I am so happy for you!!!!

Pat

Yahoo!!!
    I'm with Sharon. Just behind you, but can't wait! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing with us! and God bless.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried this yet
    but a friend at work was telling me about something called Ovation Cell Therapy that is supposed to help your hair grow in more quickly when you have alopecia (medical term for hair loss) either from chemo or other reasons.

I'm thinking of giving this a try once my hair starts to grow back in. It is expensive (I checked it out online), but it might be worth it if it would mean I might have hair by the time we have our cruise scheduled in June, which is also our wedding anniversary.

If anyone else has tried or decides to try this - let me know how it works!

I can't wait to have real hair again!
  • Angel_4_James
    Angel_4_James Member Posts: 73
    Options
    So Awesome!!!!
    Yea for you!!! {BIG SMILE} I can remember what it feels like to have your hair blowing in the wind! :) I am just to the point of needing to shave it all off! {Sad Face} I have very very thin hair left. Just bought me a cute pink hat to parade around in! Can't wait till I get to the point of it all growing out and not falling out!!! LOL

Enjoy this freedom you have earned it!

Angel
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! I bet you
    So happy for you! I bet you look great! When do we get to see a pic?

HUGS
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options

So happy for you! I bet you
    So happy for you! I bet you look great! When do we get to see a pic?

HUGS

I second Survivor's request,
    When can we see a pic? You go girl and congrats. This is truly the ultimate joy of kicking the beast in the butt!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    YEA!!! Way to go!!!
    I'm so excited for you! I would love to see a picture. It helps me to gauge my own growth and determine when I should allow the sun to shine in...

Awesome news! And I get what you are saying about hair color. I've been honey-blonde my whole life but my new growth is salt and pepper! Go figure!

Give me another 1/2 inch and I'll post a photo too! :-)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    pitt said:

YEA!!! Way to go!!!
    I'm so excited for you! I would love to see a picture. It helps me to gauge my own growth and determine when I should allow the sun to shine in...

Awesome news! And I get what you are saying about hair color. I've been honey-blonde my whole life but my new growth is salt and pepper! Go figure!

Give me another 1/2 inch and I'll post a photo too! :-)

WTG! I am so happy for you!
    WTG! I am so happy for you!

Megan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Good for you!
    I'll bet you look just great with your short hair. What a great way to approach the people at work who aren't used to seeing your "naked" head!

I look forward to joining the hatless/wigless/scarfless club in a few months - I hope I can do that by the time we go on our cruise in June!

Cindy

WTG! I can tell how happy
    WTG! I can tell how happy this makes you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    pattimc said:

Public unveiling
    As some of you know, I've been going to work without my scarves for alittle over 2 weeks. Over the weekend, we went to a sporting goods store and I did not wear a scarf! I was a little more apprehensive going out in public as here at work everyone knows what I've been through so I just felt more comfortable. Anyway, got through that hurdle and it feels great!

Oh, btw, I just called my hairdresser to have her shape up my hair this week. Yep, the sides are wingy and need to be trimmed and evened out! Yea!!!

That is great Patti! I bet
    That is great Patti! I bet you looked great too!

Hugs, Leeza
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I am so happy for you! What
    I am so happy for you! What a wonderful day.

Sue
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I am so happy for you! What
    I am so happy for you! What a wonderful day.

Sue
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Doin' The Happy Dance
    I love your way of breaking the ice! I am looking forward to the "FREE" experience in a few months. Right now all I got is a little baby hair sprouting. I go lid-free at home sometimes, but often my head just isn't warm enough without a hat. (You got to love living in Wisconsin in the winter.) I can still remember what a "bad hair day" was, and now I would love to have one again. Instead I have "No hair days". Oh well, makes showering alot faster. Congrats to you!