Options
2»

Comments

• Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    natly15 said:

Tina you are a girl after my
    Tina you are a girl after my own heart---that chicken and dumplings, brownie, cookies etc. sound so good. Tomorrow will be a week that I had my last chemo, and I went from constipation to the big D. I fianlly got out of bed yesterday, and I'm also being a 'BRAT". Gatorade and immodium did help. In the past I've only had to deal with the big C. Not so this time.

After one week of h-ll I can proudly say that according to my scale I lost a whole 4 ounces,(LOL) and my tummy feels and looks like I'm now carrying a large cantelope rather than a large watermelon. \

I'm hanging in there right along with you. 2 more chemos to go for me. Lots of Hugs.

Have to say this. You girls
    Have to say this. You girls have made me hungry for chicken and dumplings and will have some tonight for dinner. Also apple walnut muffins I just baked.
    I thought I was the only one wearing duct tape around. After I was dxed and told some of my friends, one of them came over and plastered a big length of duct tape around my arm. He said "Duct tape fixes everything". Now almost every time we see this couple, he has another piece of duct tape for me. I wear it with honor. At another time he said "If its moving and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If its not moving and it should, use WD40". Words of wisdom!
    Seriously, glad to hear you're moving closer to the finish line. Hope the rest of chemo treatments are better for both of you, Tina and Natly.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Good Girl, Tina!
    Yep, eat when you can handle it. You know how that goes...

I'll certainly be hoping the SEs don't kick in anywhere near as bad as last time.

Take good care. Hugs backatcha.

Kind regards, Susan

Hoping that your treatments
    Hoping that your treatments get easier for you Tina!

Hugs, Megan
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Have to say this. You girls
    Have to say this. You girls have made me hungry for chicken and dumplings and will have some tonight for dinner. Also apple walnut muffins I just baked.
    I thought I was the only one wearing duct tape around. After I was dxed and told some of my friends, one of them came over and plastered a big length of duct tape around my arm. He said "Duct tape fixes everything". Now almost every time we see this couple, he has another piece of duct tape for me. I wear it with honor. At another time he said "If its moving and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If its not moving and it should, use WD40". Words of wisdom!
    Seriously, glad to hear you're moving closer to the finish line. Hope the rest of chemo treatments are better for both of you, Tina and Natly.

Tina
    I'm so glad to hear #2 is over foryou. I have #2 next Tues. I also had problems with the big D. The BRAT diet is an excellent idea. I will try it this time. I did not have to go to the ER but was worried I would have to. My onc gave me an Rx for the anti D meds as imodium wasn't much help. I also stuggled with the steroids. It's so hard to think of doing this again as I started to feel great the end of last week. You ladies make it so much easier. Thanks so much.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Tina you are a girl after my
    Tina you are a girl after my own heart---that chicken and dumplings, brownie, cookies etc. sound so good. Tomorrow will be a week that I had my last chemo, and I went from constipation to the big D. I fianlly got out of bed yesterday, and I'm also being a 'BRAT". Gatorade and immodium did help. In the past I've only had to deal with the big C. Not so this time.

After one week of h-ll I can proudly say that according to my scale I lost a whole 4 ounces,(LOL) and my tummy feels and looks like I'm now carrying a large cantelope rather than a large watermelon. \

I'm hanging in there right along with you. 2 more chemos to go for me. Lots of Hugs.

Now I want chicken and
    Now I want chicken and dumplings too. Recipe anyone?

Hoping that the rest of your chemo goes better for you!

Hugs, Debby
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Just checking up on you -
    Just checking up on you - how are you doing? (Love the duct tape use)

Sue
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Tinabug said:

Halfway finished with chemo & new use for duct tape
    Dearest Sisters in Pink,

I made it through my 2nd round, which means I can see the light at the end of the chemo tunnel. Thank you all for your kind words & your wisdom. I feel pretty good, just exhausted from being there 6 hrs, mean as a rattlesnake from the steroids, & I might as well get a fork & sit in front of the fridge. I was so thrilled I had lost 1 pound, but I'm certain it will return by the morning. Last night, I made chicken & dumplings thinking I might enjoy some comfort food tonight. I'm glad I did, because I was so right...I ate them, along with brownies, Girl Scouts thin mints, yogurt, a pork chop, a huge chocolate covered strawberry, a banana, & some peanut butter. Not to mention, I had crackers & (2) Sneaky Pete hot dogs during my infusion. I have never been so hungry in my life. Can you say "here little piggy, piggy." LOL. Tomorrow I start the BRAT diet & immodium per my doctor. I'm drinking tons of water.

It's been very cold in Alabama(snowing tonight), so I wore a hat to keep my bald head warm outside. Once we got to my appt. this funny, sweet, lady asked if I was bald so I took off my hat & she did the same. She was a hoot & gave my husband & I several laughs. She was telling us about cooking collard greens & hamhocks(it's a southern thing.) Anyway, I didn't put mine back on, because the stubble makes it hurt really bad. It was rather liberating, I may no longer have tata's, but I still have guts. Last night, I took the lint roller to the stubble hoping to pull it out & it did an ok job. However, my husband suggested duct tape, as a joke. I tried a small piece of it & it did a great job. Being from the south, I've always heard duct tape can fix anything...it made my head feel a little better. I know that could probably be something Jeff Foxworthy would use on his show.

I may be sick as a dog the rest of the week, but I will continue to fight like a girl until I kill the beast. I just can't thank ya'll enough for being here for me!!! God, my friends, my family, & my Sisters in Pink will help me beat cancer & survive chemo.

Sorry, I typed a book, but last time I was so sick, I didn't get on for almost 2 weeks.

Huge Hugs & Much Love,
    Tina

You Will
    You will survive. I know you will. Take care of yourself.

P
  • yellow lab
    yellow lab Member Posts: 3
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Just checking up on you -
    Just checking up on you - how are you doing? (Love the duct tape use)

Sue

brave
    I think you are amazing and brave-hang in there!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Hello Tina
    I remember making that decision.I wore my wig.I felt better with it on.I would do what I felt comftorable with.Good Luck.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Tinabug said:

Thank you
    Thanks for the support. This time I am sticking to the BRAT diet completely. Unfortunately, gatorade, water, & everything else sent me running last time.

I can't believe I have to leave in 4 hrs & still can't sleep. I even took a nerve pill hoping it would help with sleep...no such luck. Oh well, last time, I fell asleep during the benadryl so maybe I will this time.

Once again, thank you!!!

Tina

Almost halfway done Tina! I
    Almost halfway done Tina! I hope that you feel better and that you are able to get some sleep. Rest when you can and try to eat.

Debby
  • Angel_4_James
    Angel_4_James Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Here's your sign! LOL
    Tina that is awesome. I to am a southern girl at heart. Born in TN, but living in Okla now. I have always been told duck tape and WD-40 and a butter knife will fix anything. I am thinking about trying the duck tape to my stubles now! LOL

I just did my 3rd treatment today and hoping that it does not make me as tired as I was last time. My 1st one was the hardest in general, the 2nd one just made me realy tired for like 10 days. = ( One thing I do know we are survivors and we have lots of love and support from the awesome women and men on this site.

Praying for you and sending you some cyber hugs,
    Angel
  • WJGardner_Dec2009
    Options
    What type of cancer are you
    What type of cancer are you being treated for? Sorry to hear you had a such a bad first round. Glad to hear things went better for you. I am glad to hear about the "BRAT" diet. Sorry about the last posting but it looks like i was off by a week.

Wanda
  • WJGardner_Dec2009
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Tinabug
    Tinabug,

I, too, had the big D during my chemo sessions. I drank plenty of gatorade and chrystalite. I also stayed on a very bland diet. They say when you have the big D you should be on that BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. It does work. I also ate macaroni.

As for the hair..... I never shaved my head. I held onto my little whisps of hair and covered it with little caps. The caps kind of looked like surgeon caps.

Good luck tomorrow. You will get through it.

P

P
    Thank you for the info on

P

Thank you for the info on the "BRAT" diet. I will make sure i have that combo available to me should i need it. I haven't had to many issues with food yet. But certain things to make run to the potty. Seems to go straight through me. But i feel fine so far.