Question about hair regrowth-help!

Options
Skeezie
Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everybody,

My hair is growing and is anywhere between just peeking up thru the scalp up to 1/2 inch. This is wonderful! But my scalp itches and itches, my wig and other head coverings are driving me nuts...I can hardly wait to get home and uncover my head. Is this normal? Has anyone out there had this happen? How long will it last?

I use a shampoo for my situation, but is there something else to use?

Judy :-D

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Having the same issue
    I have been having the same issue. Thought it was just me. I was also wondering if I was going to keep this new hair or if it was going to come out. I still have to have my sixth and final chemo on the 26th of Feb. I just lost most of my eyebrows and eyelashes and was also wondering how long it takes them to come back in.

Thanks for the post.

Donna
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options

Having the same issue
    I have been having the same issue. Thought it was just me. I was also wondering if I was going to keep this new hair or if it was going to come out. I still have to have my sixth and final chemo on the 26th of Feb. I just lost most of my eyebrows and eyelashes and was also wondering how long it takes them to come back in.

Thanks for the post.

Donna

hair growth
    When I was bald the wig didn,t bother me.when my hair started comming back then it itched .I had to shave my head twice.The first time it started comming back .It was like loose and was comming out.So I sheved it again.Its getting close to about maybe 2in. now.I wear my wig as little as possible.I hear it is good to let your hair breath with nothing on it.I can not wait till i don,t have to wear the wig or a hat.My eyelashes came back pretty fast.About 6weeks.Good luck.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    ppurdin said:

hair growth
    When I was bald the wig didn,t bother me.when my hair started comming back then it itched .I had to shave my head twice.The first time it started comming back .It was like loose and was comming out.So I sheved it again.Its getting close to about maybe 2in. now.I wear my wig as little as possible.I hear it is good to let your hair breath with nothing on it.I can not wait till i don,t have to wear the wig or a hat.My eyelashes came back pretty fast.About 6weeks.Good luck.

As soon as I had enough hair to cover my scalp
    I ditched the wig and started wearing knitted caps since it's cold out. I have been uncovering it more and more so it won't itch. Definitely makes a difference. Let those babies BREATH!
  • gingert
    gingert Member Posts: 6
    Options
    hair regrowth
    I had the same problem when my hair started coming back in. I never wore a wig, but wore bandanas and caps. Once the hair started growing back, I left it uncovered most of the time, just covered it when I went out so I didn't sunburn my head. I think the more you leave it uncovered the less it itches, or that's how it seemed to me.
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use denorex
    I actually got cradle cap! So, I started using denorex shampoo, and it cleared it up.

My hair started growing after I switched chemo's to Taxotere, and it seems to be sticking around.

You'll never believe how excited I was when my hair actually "lathered" up! It seems to grow super slow, but like you I have about 1/4 inch, then some long ones on the top of my head. Funny.

My wig seems to have stretched, and become lose, I'm ready to ditch it. I hope by summer I have an inch so I can spike my hair up or something!

Try one of the medicated shampoos.