Lucky me! Extra-Special Valentine's Day!

LadyParvati
LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I didn't post on the "plans for Valentine's Day" thread because I wasn't expecting much this year. We had planned to reinforce the foundation to our house before we found I have cancer, and between the foundation and the cancer treatments, money is very tight. Also, my DH hasn't been a big Valentine's Day celebrator in previous years; he doesn't do cards and usually doesn't plan much.

My best friend, who has been giving me energy healing treatments quite often (aiming for once a week, sort of getting there when weather permits!), was going to be alone for Valentine's Day because her DH is participating in a bicycle race in Florida, so we invited her to join us for lunch. I asked my DH if he would cook something for us, suggesting something with shrimp because I know Paula loves shrimp.

When I arrived home from church--expecting to vacuum and set the table--I found my DH vacuuming. He had already set the table--with our beautiful handmade Lily of the Valley embroidered table cloth and the beautiful china and crystal I inherited from my mother--it was gorgeous! He had planned a special meal with big beautiful shrimp and asparagus and a loofah curry and Thai Ruby Rice (Khao Deng Red Rice). He had Godiva chocolates for us both . . . oh, my! I was so surprised and overwhelmed!

It was the most wonderful Valentine's Day, made even more wonderful because I didn't expect it!

Sandy

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    And the unexpected is what
    And the unexpected is what does make this so extra special. So happy that you had this beautiful surprise. Big smooch to the DH (from you, not me). And you deserve this lovely day. Blessing on you both.
    Stef
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Yeah!! You have a great
    Yeah!! You have a great guy!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sounds lovely, Sandy!
    Am glad for you - all three of you. Glad your day today was, indeed, truly special.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Happy For YOU!!!
    Sandy,

I am so thrilled to hear how wonderful your DH is & how special your day was...YOU deserve it.

Huge Hugs,
    Tina
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    What a Man!
    Many husbands cook but for a husband to set the table elegantly with the handmade table cloth, china, and crystal, now that is a rare man! To me, he showed you how much he truly loves you because he knew all that he did would bring you pleasure on that day, Valentine's Day. What a memory!!! Memories are priceless!

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328

What a Man!
    Many husbands cook but for a husband to set the table elegantly with the handmade table cloth, china, and crystal, now that is a rare man! To me, he showed you how much he truly loves you because he knew all that he did would bring you pleasure on that day, Valentine's Day. What a memory!!! Memories are priceless!

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle

I think he's a keeper! ;)
    Wonderful memories indeed! He just zoomed out the door to go teach, then he'll zoom back home to take me to my fourth A/C chemo treatment.

Today will be my last A/C--I'll be halfway through chemo!! HOORAY!

Thanks for all the compliments on my wonderful guy!

Hugs! Sandy
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    What a sweet surprise!
    I agree that he's definitely a keeper. So glad he was able to make your Valentine's Day such a special and memorable one!

And a big CONGRATULATIONS on being halfway done with chemo!!!!!

Take care,
    Cindy