New here, but not to CSN...asking for prayers

Options
2»

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    MaryKay, I just wanted to
    MaryKay, I just wanted to welcome you. I, too, had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy. It was done on an out-patient basis. I was in the hospital in the morning and home recuperating by early afternoon. I was back to work after 1 week. That was last June and I finished chemo and rads Christmas Eve. It is all very do-able. I'll be thinking of you Tuesday and hoping for the best!! Best of luck to you and please let us know the outcome. We'll be here for you every step of the way!!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay
    I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the reason you had to come here, but glad you decided to come.

You have already seen what a wonderful resource this place can be, so I hope you will continue to come here and to share with us on your journey.

The fact that your lymph node was negative is very encouraging. You may well be in a very early stage, which makes your long-termm outlook very good. I was also lucky to be diagnosed early this past September, had a lumpectomy (went home the same day) in October, am finishing my chemo this week (yea!) and starting radiation in a few weeks. I was back to work 2 weeks after my surgery and have been working full time since, with only taking a few days off for each chemo treatment.

The treatment for bc has come a long way, and is very doable. Probably the most important advice that I can think of, especially since you have been used to being the caregiver, is to take care of yourself and don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm sure you remember the positive feelings you experienced (even though I'm sure it was not easy at times) from being able to help your husband through his treatment, and allow the people in your life that care for you to help you now.

I will be adding my prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow and an easy recovery. You are not alone.

((((HUGZ))))
    Cindy
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Mary Kay
    I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the reason you had to come here, but glad you decided to come.

You have already seen what a wonderful resource this place can be, so I hope you will continue to come here and to share with us on your journey.

The fact that your lymph node was negative is very encouraging. You may well be in a very early stage, which makes your long-termm outlook very good. I was also lucky to be diagnosed early this past September, had a lumpectomy (went home the same day) in October, am finishing my chemo this week (yea!) and starting radiation in a few weeks. I was back to work 2 weeks after my surgery and have been working full time since, with only taking a few days off for each chemo treatment.

The treatment for bc has come a long way, and is very doable. Probably the most important advice that I can think of, especially since you have been used to being the caregiver, is to take care of yourself and don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm sure you remember the positive feelings you experienced (even though I'm sure it was not easy at times) from being able to help your husband through his treatment, and allow the people in your life that care for you to help you now.

I will be adding my prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow and an easy recovery. You are not alone.

((((HUGZ))))
    Cindy

touched...
    I am so touched by everyone's support..as I read the posts my strength for tomorrow is growing....thank you all........be back soon!
    with love,
    Mary Kay
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    teresa41 said:

wishing you the best
    im wishing you the best!

teresa

I am so sorry. Sending you
    I am so sorry. Sending you cyber hugs!

Leeza