Could this be neuropathy?

bigones
bigones Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished my chemo Taxotare/Cytoxin on November 10th 2009 and I have started having numbness from both shoulders down to my fingers, mostly the thumb, index and middle fingers. They fall asleep and the elbows feel like I slammed the "funny bone". The pain you get for some time after. The whole hand feels like severe frost bite. Also I can NOT walk when I get up off the bed or couch. I feel like every bone in my feet have been broken. Even the ankles. It takes a while to get them moving. They snap crackle and pop. I have a follow up apt. next week with my Oncologist and I will ask her but was wondering if anyone has done research on this and how long will it last? Is this from the chemo?

Comments

• Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Wow Bigones
    I have not had any of these symptoms. I finished my C/T chemo 12-11 and about 3 weeks later my feet would feel like they were going to sleep and tingle. That lasted for about a week and I thought it was like the neuropathy I've read about but it went away. Please let us know what your doctor says next week.

I hope this is an easy fix... The Beast, the "gift" that keeps on giving. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Neuropathy
    If it is neuropathy VitaminB6 will help I took 50mg once a day and have no problems with neuropathy since do so.Might want to try it see if it helps