How to not double post, triple post and so on.

Options
Kylez
Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
You are double posting and triple posting because you are clicking on post comment more than once. The site does have trouble, and at times, is really, really slow, but, when you click on post comment more than once, it will post your reply as many times as you click on it. I know I get tired of waiting for the site to take my reply sometimes, so, I email Greta and let her know that the site is having trouble again. Otherwise, she or CSN never know. They are really good about trying to fix it. Hope this helps someone out. It took me awhile to figure out why I was double posting. Now, I just try to be more patient or kick my cat. Ok, I was kidding about the cat. :-O

Kylez

Comments

  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    If only that were so!!! I
    If only that were so!!! I NEVER click more than once, and when my posts multiply ( today I had a QUINTUPLE post!) it seems to happen when my compyiter is S-L-O-W-E-R than slow and the little green bars are sooooo sluggish! Today I figured nothing was going to post at all! It was all so slow that I forgot about it altogether, went in to start dinner, and when I came back, not only had it posted, it posted 5 times! I know I am prolific, but nothing I say bears a 5 time repeat! LOL

    I know I don't hit send more than once as I am an avid online buyer~ and being impatient would garner 5 or 6 purchases when I only ordered one thing! So, I truly never do that!

    So, I will just go back and hopefully erase when I hit the edit button! LOL

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

    If only that were so!!! I
    If only that were so!!! I NEVER click more than once, and when my posts multiply ( today I had a QUINTUPLE post!) it seems to happen when my compyiter is S-L-O-W-E-R than slow and the little green bars are sooooo sluggish! Today I figured nothing was going to post at all! It was all so slow that I forgot about it altogether, went in to start dinner, and when I came back, not only had it posted, it posted 5 times! I know I am prolific, but nothing I say bears a 5 time repeat! LOL

    I know I don't hit send more than once as I am an avid online buyer~ and being impatient would garner 5 or 6 purchases when I only ordered one thing! So, I truly never do that!

    So, I will just go back and hopefully erase when I hit the edit button! LOL

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Well, that is very strange.
    Well, that is very strange. Usually when the little green bar is sluggish, we hit post comment again, thinking that will get it to move. And doing that, makes a double post or however many times you click on it. I just had to learn to be patient when the site is slow and the green bar isn't moving. Sometimes I just have a bad connection, but mainly, it is just this site.

    I was glad I finally figured it out as I got tired of seeing my double posts. My college education wasn't wasted! lol

    KYLEZ ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

    Well, that is very strange.
    Well, that is very strange. Usually when the little green bar is sluggish, we hit post comment again, thinking that will get it to move. And doing that, makes a double post or however many times you click on it. I just had to learn to be patient when the site is slow and the green bar isn't moving. Sometimes I just have a bad connection, but mainly, it is just this site.

    I was glad I finally figured it out as I got tired of seeing my double posts. My college education wasn't wasted! lol

    KYLEZ ♥

    I know! I found that when I
    I know! I found that when I got tired of waiting for my post to take, I would click again and then I would get a double post at least. lol Finally I realized to just wait and wait and wait. lol

    Sue :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Kylez said:

    Well, that is very strange.
    Well, that is very strange. Usually when the little green bar is sluggish, we hit post comment again, thinking that will get it to move. And doing that, makes a double post or however many times you click on it. I just had to learn to be patient when the site is slow and the green bar isn't moving. Sometimes I just have a bad connection, but mainly, it is just this site.

    I was glad I finally figured it out as I got tired of seeing my double posts. My college education wasn't wasted! lol

    KYLEZ ♥

    I figure that my computer
    I figure that my computer has a mind of its own, is on my side, and is one of my strongest advocates! When it "sees" something it thinks bears repeating, it just posts and posts and posts! Yesterday, it thought I needed a quintuple posting! :-)

    That's my story and I'm sticking with it~ otherwise I would have to admit impatience and human error! Perish the thought! LOL LOL

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

    I figure that my computer
    I figure that my computer has a mind of its own, is on my side, and is one of my strongest advocates! When it "sees" something it thinks bears repeating, it just posts and posts and posts! Yesterday, it thought I needed a quintuple posting! :-)

    That's my story and I'm sticking with it~ otherwise I would have to admit impatience and human error! Perish the thought! LOL LOL

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Sometimes we have to admit
    Sometimes we have to admit our flaws! lol Sometimes! Just be patient Claudia, if you can. lol

    Sue :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Ritzy said:

    Sometimes we have to admit
    Sometimes we have to admit our flaws! lol Sometimes! Just be patient Claudia, if you can. lol

    Sue :)

    Sheeesh! I was so counting
    Sheeesh! I was so counting on the relative anonymous nature of the internet to keep my less than patient personality trait a secret! LOL I'm doomed I tell you, I'm doomed! HA HA HA

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    This is what someone told
    This is what someone told me:

    After clicking 'Post comment' scroll back up to 'CSN Home>>Cancer Specific>>Breast Cancer'
    Click on 'Breast Cancer' which returns you back to the list of threads.

    I've had very few double posts but don't know if this is why or not???

    Anybody...anybody...anybody. (What movie is this from?)
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

    This is what someone told
    This is what someone told me:

    After clicking 'Post comment' scroll back up to 'CSN Home>>Cancer Specific>>Breast Cancer'
    Click on 'Breast Cancer' which returns you back to the list of threads.

    I've had very few double posts but don't know if this is why or not???

    Anybody...anybody...anybody. (What movie is this from?)

    Ferris Beuler!
    What do I win?!?!?
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

    Ferris Beuler!
    What do I win?!?!?

    Correct!!!!!!!
    Right!!! You win. Your prize is a cyber hug!

    hugs♥hugs