I have been reading through the posts for days..

Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    vonni said:

Kim ~'Thank you for the well
    Kim ~'Thank you for the well wishes. It is indeed a wonderful site. I wish I had found it months ago, but am very thankful to have stumbled on it now.

Hi Vonni! Wishing you good
    Hi Vonni! Wishing you good luck with your treatment! You will find lots of support here!

Hugs, Leeza
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You sound like you were as
    You sound like you were as prepared as anyone could be. One thing I wanted to warn you about is that each time I had chemo on day 8 or so I got very depressed. It seemed weird that I was feeling better physically but felt so down. It turns out that that is a side effect of the steroids they give you in your cocktail. It can hit at different days for different people. Finally figuring out it was a side effect helped me get through it and it only lasted a day or two for me. Good luck to you.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    scout5000 said:

You sound like you were as
    You sound like you were as prepared as anyone could be. One thing I wanted to warn you about is that each time I had chemo on day 8 or so I got very depressed. It seemed weird that I was feeling better physically but felt so down. It turns out that that is a side effect of the steroids they give you in your cocktail. It can hit at different days for different people. Finally figuring out it was a side effect helped me get through it and it only lasted a day or two for me. Good luck to you.

Hi Vonni,
    How are you doing today? I finished your same cocktail of C/T (4 clycles) on Dec. 11. It is doable. And you already know about Poise Pads whcih were my security blanket! One thing I took everyday, sometimes several times daily was Ativan. It's not only a great tranquilizer whic kept me relaxed and allowed me to rest a lot, but it's also great for nausea, especially if allowed to disolved under your tongue. I never really had any nausea so it must have worked! You also didn't mention Gator Aid and that is great, especially if you have the big "D".

Rest, rest, rest and keep us posted on your progress. You will love being a part of this board, no one understands as well as the pink sisters who are going thru this or been thru this. You sound like you have done your homework and received an A+ for preparedness!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    vonni said:

I came home tonight and read your replies. .
    . .and I cried as I read your welcomes and words of support and encouragement. I felt like I was surrounded by warm positive energy today. . now I know why. I am too pooped to thank you each individually tonight but I do want to say it means so much to me. A quick update before I drag my tired bones (and my trusty baseball bat) to bed. Today went very well. So far the worst has been a sore throat, minor nausea and odd fits of sneezing. I have a little bit of minor lower leg stiffness and light fatigue but feel pretty darn good all things considered. Just took another dose of Zofran and am pushing more water. Tomorrow is a new day and may bring me more to deal with, but I know I will get through it. I will update more tomorrow. For now, goodnight and sweetest of dreams to each of you. My thanks to all

Hi Vonni
    Welcome, If your nausea continues ask you doctor about the drug Emend. You take this drug the day of chemo the day after and the 3rd day. You can also take this with your Zofran. I wish you well.
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    vonni said:

I came home tonight and read your replies. .
    . .and I cried as I read your welcomes and words of support and encouragement. I felt like I was surrounded by warm positive energy today. . now I know why. I am too pooped to thank you each individually tonight but I do want to say it means so much to me. A quick update before I drag my tired bones (and my trusty baseball bat) to bed. Today went very well. So far the worst has been a sore throat, minor nausea and odd fits of sneezing. I have a little bit of minor lower leg stiffness and light fatigue but feel pretty darn good all things considered. Just took another dose of Zofran and am pushing more water. Tomorrow is a new day and may bring me more to deal with, but I know I will get through it. I will update more tomorrow. For now, goodnight and sweetest of dreams to each of you. My thanks to all

Hi Vonni!
    Just adding my warm welcome and wishing good luck and few side effects!

God Bless....
    Julie