Do you have plans for VALENTINES DAY? If so, can you share them?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Love Your Adventure
    Connie,

You go for it. You are my kind of girl. I love the idea that after 33 years of marriage you are breaking out of the predictability for celebrating Valentine's Day. I think it's marvelous that you bought the black lace nightie and lace panties. You are going to make your husband very happy, not to mentioned how excited you will be at the joy that you have created. Doing the unpredictable adds spice to the marriage.

Have a Great Night.

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Kisses,
    Janelle

First, Happy Valentines Day!
    First, Happy Valentines Day! Got a big package from Victoria's Secret today addressed to my husband. I called and told him it was here and he said 'DO NOT OPEN IT YET"! ha I won't, but, I am dieing too. Going out for a romantic valentine's dinner on Saturday and then let the party begin!
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    Started a Different Tradition for Celebrating Valentine's Day
    Susie,

First, I am married 47 years to a wonderful man.

We had a friend, Shelly who had MS. He was an inspiration in his attitude to life and his zest for life even though he had this disease which began in his late 20's. His wife, Kathy, could not have been a more loving, attentive, caring, happy, upbeat wife to her husband. I never saw her get upset with him. Four years ago Shelly died at the age of 57. Because Kathy was a terrific wife to Shelly, I did not want her to be alone on Valentine's Day. So....each Valentine's Day Kenny and I take Kathy out for a special dinner. Both of us buy her a gift. Mine is always a piece of jewelry from one of the artists at an art fair and Kenny generally comes up with flowers, chocolate, and a card. We make her feel special on that day. Kenny also buys me flowers.

On Valentine's Day Kathy gets more than I do, but that is okay because I do get gifts from my husband at other times during the year.

We were a foursome, especially as Shelly's disease progressed. We loved movies, going out to dinner, etc., etc., etc. Kenny took care of Shelly every Friday so Kathy could work. Kenny made Shelly laugh and each one enriched one another's life. By the way, the four of us went out to dinner and the movies one week prior to Shelly passing.

Kenny and I continue be a loving friend to his wife, Kathy. We see Kathy at least once a week, generally it's the movies and dinner. It's called a bonding of friendship.

Janelle
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Susie,

We had a friend, Shelly who had MS. He was an inspiration in his attitude to life and his zest for life even though he had this disease which began in his late 20's. His wife, Kathy, could not have been a more loving, attentive, caring, happy, upbeat wife to her husband. I never saw her get upset with him. Four years ago Shelly died at the age of 57. Because Kathy was a terrific wife to Shelly, I did not want her to be alone on Valentine's Day. So....each Valentine's Day Kenny and I take Kathy out for a special dinner. Both of us buy her a gift. Mine is always a piece of jewelry from one of the artists at an art fair and Kenny generally comes up with flowers, chocolate, and a card. We make her feel special on that day. Kenny also buys me flowers.

On Valentine's Day Kathy gets more than I do, but that is okay because I do get gifts from my husband at other times during the year.

We were a foursome, especially as Shelly's disease progressed. We loved movies, going out to dinner, etc., etc., etc. Kenny took care of Shelly every Friday so Kathy could work. Kenny made Shelly laugh and each one enriched one another's life. By the way, the four of us went out to dinner and the movies one week prior to Shelly passing.

Kenny and I continue be a loving friend to his wife, Kathy. We see Kathy at least once a week, generally it's the movies and dinner. It's called a bonding of friendship.

Janelle

Janelle,
    This brought tears

Janelle,
    This brought tears to my eyes. You and your Kenny should be pictured in every dictionary next to the word friend. You are both very special and how special you must make Kathy feel. Oh, and 47 years married ain't too shabby either. Just wanted you to know that you touched me. I can't think of a more loving gesture than this one you extend to your dear friend.
    Stef
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Janelle,
    This brought tears

Janelle,
    This brought tears to my eyes. You and your Kenny should be pictured in every dictionary next to the word friend. You are both very special and how special you must make Kathy feel. Oh, and 47 years married ain't too shabby either. Just wanted you to know that you touched me. I can't think of a more loving gesture than this one you extend to your dear friend.
    Stef

Janelle, I just finished
    Janelle, I just finished reading this post and had the same reaction. You and your dear husband are the definition of "friend". I love to read stories like these and to see the goodness in my fellow man. My hat is off to you and Kenny. Thanks for the wonderful story and more importantly the joy you bring to your sweet friend. Thank YOU!!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    chenheart said:

I have to say that I am one
    I have to say that I am one of those women who thinks that Valentine's Day is such a contrived, guilt-inducing "holiday", that I have NO plans! My Reggie aways golfs on Sundays, and it would not be romanitc of me to ask him to cancel that! LOL

Reggie and I take good care of each other and are loving and thankful and romantically inclined all of the time anyway~ I do not need chocolate that I won't eat anyway, or flowers on a specific day for that to be proven to me.

I did, however, hear a sweet Valentine's Day gift idea...I just may incorporate it! It was suggested to write a sweet note saying "I would love to spend hours kissing you", and give a little gift bag full of half a dozen different flavored lip-balms! And then follow through on the kissing part!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You and
    Reggie are quite the romantic pair,Claudia! Makes me blush a little!!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love Vday!
    My hubby is very romantic, always has been, and shows me all of the time how much he loves me. But, on Valentines Day, he is going all out. We have dinner reservations at a great restaurant, so, I get to dress up. He said he has lots more surprises for me during the day and evening. So, this should be very interesting. ( wink ) On Sunday, he said he wanted to serve me breakfast in bed. I love that! I love my husband!

Hope all of you spend it however you wish and just have a great day!

Sue :)

P.S. I have a few things in store for him too, but, not sharing those. ( wink again )

Sue,
    you have quite the hubby as well ! Will never forget how he treated you as you were going through rads-picnics and taking you out for meals after!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Janelle, I just finished
    Janelle, I just finished reading this post and had the same reaction. You and your dear husband are the definition of "friend". I love to read stories like these and to see the goodness in my fellow man. My hat is off to you and Kenny. Thanks for the wonderful story and more importantly the joy you bring to your sweet friend. Thank YOU!!

Girlfriend and I spending it with the kids
    My girlfriend has two kids, 11 and 16, and this will be their first Valentine's Day without their dad -- he just packed up and abruptly moved across the country a couple of months ago with almost no warning, after having always lived close by and been very much a part of their day-to-day activities all of their lives. Needless to say, this has been very tough for them.

Their dad always made them a special breakfast on Valentine's Day -- we didn't want to try to replicate that, but decided to instead make them a special dinner, and spend that evening all together, watching "Up."

I even found a Valentine's-themed recipe for puppy chow, that Chex-chocolate-peanut butter-powdered sugar concoction that is just addictive. Their mom is probably going to insist that we actually eat some *real* food first, though...darn....

:-) Traci
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options

Susie,

Janelle

Hats off to you!!!
    Janelle, I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend. It sounds as if you were all blessed to have found such wonderful friendships. You & your husband are absolutely amazing & anyone would be lucky to call you their "friend." Congrats, on 47 years of marriage!!!

Huge Hugs,
    Tina
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    How lovely!
    Janelle - That is such a wonderfully touching tradition. So heartwarming to hear.

Traci - Your plans sound like a lot of fun also (what else could they be with you around?) I loved UP. Went to see it with my mom when it was at the theatres. It has such a beautiful love story in it - Perfect for Valentine's Day!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    chenheart said:

I am not a lover of
    I am not a lover of chocolate~ I think we probably still have some from Christmas! But Law and Order Marathons? I am all over that! I am watching an original L&O right now! I am a fan of all of the L&O incarnations, but especially Criminal Intent...LOVE Goren and Eames, tho both actors are leaving the show....sigh

I Too
    I too watch the L&O but MY favorite is SVU. I love watching Elliot explode or crack open a can of WA. I never get tired of him. He is built nice too. Ah, happy
    Valentine's Day to me.

P
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options

Susie,

Janelle

Janelle
    I long for a friend such as you. You know the one's that are with you through both the good and bad. The one's that are with you when things get tough. The one's that make sacrifices because they love you. You have a great heart. Enjoy your day.

P
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Sue,
    you have quite the hubby as well ! Will never forget how he treated you as you were going through rads-picnics and taking you out for meals after!

Thanks outdoorgirl! He is a
    Thanks outdoorgirl! He is a keeper!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

I Too
    I too watch the L&O but MY favorite is SVU. I love watching Elliot explode or crack open a can of WA. I never get tired of him. He is built nice too. Ah, happy
    Valentine's Day to me.

P

We are going out to dinner
    We are going out to dinner on Saturday to a great place! I have hinted at what I have been wanting, and, I imagine I will get it. My husband likes to spoil me and I like it too! LOL Sunday will just be a fun day at home together!

Happy Valentines Day!

Hugs, Leeza
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

How lovely!
    Janelle - That is such a wonderfully touching tradition. So heartwarming to hear.

Traci - Your plans sound like a lot of fun also (what else could they be with you around?) I loved UP. Went to see it with my mom when it was at the theatres. It has such a beautiful love story in it - Perfect for Valentine's Day!

Valentines weekend
    Jake is playing his final basketball game at noon and then we are coming home to get ready to go to a Christian concert this afternoon followed by a hockey game. We are going with friends and their kids. Jake will be one tired boy tonight when we get home. If he wakes up tomorrow in time for Sunday school then he will go but if not he won't.

If we had a little soft snow--no don't send any here---then we would go sledding.

He has school vacation this week. He will be spending Mon-Wed with his dad and then he is spending the night at his MeMe's Thursday and playing with my cousin's daughter on Friday. I won't see to much of him on this vacation.

Tuesday I am having nipple reconstruction-a belated birthday gift to myself.

Margo
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    We are doing something we
    We are doing something we only do once a year... TAXES! Yikes!