Chemo effects on knee replacemnts

Options
hamish1
hamish1 Member Posts: 34
edited February 2023 in Breast Cancer #1
Have any of you had to take chemo, after having knee replacements.? If so, did you have any problems with your knees hurting? That was one of the first questions I asked me my Oncologist while considering taking chemo , following my BC lumpectomy. He assured me that it would not have any effect on my artificial replacements. However, today both my knees are hurting so bad, and has me scared to death...My knee replacements took place 7 yrs. ago, and since they healed and therapy, I have never had pain in my knees.

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    I don't know about knee
    I don't know about knee replacement, but I can tell you that my legs hurt me all through chemo. I have heard other say the same thing.
  • Skyguy
    Skyguy Member Posts: 1
    Options
    chemo and knee replacements

After about 5 chemo treatments, my two artificial knees began to hurt and ache.  Within a week or 10 days longer, walking became very uncomfortable and difficult.  My oncologist said it is not unheard of and the treatment is PT.   Not happy that 10 months after knee replacment I get to start PT over again but no choice.  Knees are very very sore.

• tuerlep1102
    tuerlep1102 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

2/14/15/16/17/18/19/ 2023,Same thing for me. Right knee has been replaced. But in my case I had a lumbar puncture. The doctor said the LP should not have any effect.But I have extream pain. I am having mental issues. My knee really hurts. This is not the first time, it happened in January. Ice packs help and makes the day bearable. I have had to go to to three OxyContin a day. I am 72 years old and torarate the drugs well sorry about the spelling my nerves are all over the place.

• tuerlep1102
    tuerlep1102 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Well problem with knee artificial knee solved. It is now infected so I am going through the replacement procedure. I am no longer in unbearable pain. Only bad part is once they cure the infection the knee gets replaced again.