At Home with very Frequent BMs after Rectal Surgery 12/30/09!

Options
2»

Comments

• just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too... Real Soon!!
    Hi Maryjane, i had my major surgery last August to remove my colorectal mass and given a temp iliostomy. Well this Friday the revirse the iliostomy!! I have some fears and mixed feeling about it. I'll be sitting on the pot with you soon.

Brooks
  • mark440
    mark440 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    surgery 1-25-09
    I had my surgery on jan. 25th, yes my B.M.s have been very often and eratic... my dr. said 6 months before they get on a normal schedule.
    I am taking citrucill everyday which really helped. Some days are better than others, just take it one day at a time. I am currently going through the 5/fu for 6 months... Everyday is something different,dont get down you are not alone!! MARK
  • jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    Options
    hope your bm's are better now
    I had about half my rectum removed and it did take awhile to gain control. However, I was told that if more than half the rectum was removed during surgery, then I would have a J-pouch. I didn't need it. I have also found that being on a gluten free diet has helped quite a bit. I was having constant leakage from all the chemo so now that I'm on gluten free, I'm doing much better. Give your body time to heal but also look at your diet. Take care