Juicing versus eating veggies and fruits????

Options
2»

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    claud1951 said:

I have an Omega
    I have an Omega Juicer....(actually started out with a Juiceman II about 7 years ago) and as Emily stated...I juice my veggies and eat the fruit.

Claudia

Claudia
    I really like the look of the Omega. I'm thinking 'free shipping' and great price.

Thanks!
    Diane
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, too.
    Diane,

It's so interesting to me that you posted this question, because I was just thinking about the very same thing. In my case, I need lots of fiber, so I have a suspicion my doctors would recommend eating whole fruits and veggies. I've enjoyed reading all this, though!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

I was wondering, too.
    Diane,

It's so interesting to me that you posted this question, because I was just thinking about the very same thing. In my case, I need lots of fiber, so I have a suspicion my doctors would recommend eating whole fruits and veggies. I've enjoyed reading all this, though!

*hugs*
    Gail

Don't confuse the 2
    Just because you juice veggies means you don't eat them too!!! You should do both.

And Gail your doctors won't have a clue what you mean by juicing most likely so I wouldn't even bother asking them. I had 1 more nutrition course in school than my brother the ear, nose and throat doctor (he had 1, I had 2). They are trained in medicine, not wellness or health awareness. They'd never graduate if they did.
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

Don't confuse the 2
    Just because you juice veggies means you don't eat them too!!! You should do both.

And Gail your doctors won't have a clue what you mean by juicing most likely so I wouldn't even bother asking them. I had 1 more nutrition course in school than my brother the ear, nose and throat doctor (he had 1, I had 2). They are trained in medicine, not wellness or health awareness. They'd never graduate if they did.

Another good point
    Sure I juice veggies but I also eat steamed or baked ones too.....broc, cauli (mashed like potatoes), sweet potatoes, big salads etc. And drizzling a little flax oil on them and voila! Yum.

I do juice apples sometimes but not always but that's the only fruit I juice. Now fruit smoothies on the other hand.......yowza! (tho' haven't been doing them since my new low histamine/allergy regime but that's another story).

Remember to chew your juice.

peace, emily