Second Visit to NEW Onc

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I saw my new onc for the second time yesterday. We had a lot of questions for her. Found out that she had sent the slide of my tumor to CA for testing. The expert on Her2 is there and she wanted it to be tested by the best. The results will be back this Thursday. Her nurse also asked me a lot of questions about my side effects with the new chemo and she had a recommendation and a drug that the onc could give me to help with them. Just a completely different atmosphere from my original onc. They seem to really care where my old onc just went through the steps.

I see my surgeon tomorrow about my flipped port and hopefully he can straighten it out. I am supposed to have my 5th chemo on Friday and they won't give it to me unless they can access my port. I am to the point where I just wnat all of this over. I know you have all been there but sometimes this is all just so unreal. I just cannot wrap my chemo brain around it or maybe I just don't want to because it would scare the hell out of me. Enough of the whinning, I will deal with it.

Cleaning for a Reason is coming to clean my house today. I love the way it smells when they are done.

That's all for now. Will keep you posted when I know more. Thanks for listening.

Donna

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Hi Donna
    I'm glad you're

Hi Donna

I'm glad you're getting the care you soooo deserve. Before I started my treatments the oncol. nurse spent over an hour with me going over all the steps and side effects. This made it a lot easier when the side effects hit. I so understand your feelings of just getting this over with. It's a very hard battle to fight. I kept doing the count down on the number of treatments left, it helped me get through it all. Good luck with your port.
    Sher
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Donna, I am so glad that you
    Donna, I am so glad that you are now getting the treatment you so deserve. It is tough to get through the treatments, but you can do it. I hope they also get your port straightened out so you can continue on your current schedule. It really will be over and before you know it. Enjoy your clean house and take care!
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    MyTurnNow said:

Donna, I am so glad that you
    Donna, I am so glad that you are now getting the treatment you so deserve. It is tough to get through the treatments, but you can do it. I hope they also get your port straightened out so you can continue on your current schedule. It really will be over and before you know it. Enjoy your clean house and take care!

wishing you the best
    wishing you the best of luck!

teresa
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    teresa41 said:

wishing you the best
    wishing you the best of luck!

teresa

Hang in there. I know how
    Hang in there. I know how you feel it's like its always something. Hey the good news is your house is clean. I can't even get registered with them and I am not sure they service my area. They service the town next to me. Anyways enjoy clean a clean house and the other will work out. Good luck
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Kat11 said:

Hang in there. I know how
    Hang in there. I know how you feel it's like its always something. Hey the good news is your house is clean. I can't even get registered with them and I am not sure they service my area. They service the town next to me. Anyways enjoy clean a clean house and the other will work out. Good luck

I am glad that everything is
    I am glad that everything is going better for you!