Oxi is the Devil...

Options
2»

Comments

• HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options

It certainly is not
    It certainly is not my favorite drug! ;) I'm with you on this one.

I have a love/hate relationship with oxy. I loved the idea of the extra chance it gives me of winning the war. But it has made my life a lot tougher than it was supposed to. Not sure if I'm getting it again or what. I'll find out Friday if I'm doing another hospital round with desensitization, or if I'm doing a round w/o oxy, or if I'm just plain done with all chemo after these allergic reactions...

I'm scared to stop it after just 7 tx. But I'm also scared to have chemo again.

Kathryn, you've had such a
    Kathryn, you've had such a tough go of it.

I also have that love/hate relationship with the oxi.

I'm wishing you all the best in your treatment -- whatever it may be!

**HUGS**
  • jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    Options
    tough drug to handle
    I've had 4 rounds, #3 put me in hospital. so extended the treatment to every three weeks, went 20% less oxy but will probably be bumped back up on Monday with #5. After the hospital stay I went to homopathic dr, and was given probotics and other stuff to help with treatment. I also went to "healing hands" treatment. Its like focused imagery, energy healing and spiritual prayer all in one. It helped me to rid my brain of the constant nausea. I'f I thought of chemo I'd start having dry heaves. Couldn't get it out of my mind even two weeks after treatment. After #4 I have felt like I never had any treatment. It was amazing! I also FB and let people know I was having treatment and lots of people FB me back saying they were praying for me. I know that helped a lot. Good luck with the treatments and hang in there. If it works then it's worth it.
    Jill