so cal ladies......anyone needing a little extra help?

aimee
aimee Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
over dinner i was thanking my son for just "stepping up" & being so helpful the past couple months....and how blessed i am to have him.
We were talking about volunteer groups etc.
He reminded me that all LA unified students are required to complete a certain number of community service hours & that can be ANYTHING as long as you are helping someone else.
Hes almost done with his hours but said to mention on the board that if theres anyone local that could use extra help hes "down" (his words) to help out. He just turned 18, has a car & he knows his way around the kitchen, laundry, & yard.
PM me if you could use some extra hands. (i feel like im pimpin' out my kid LOL)
xoxoxo
aimee

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    What a grand offer!!!!
    And, obviously, he was raised by a wonderful gal!!!

I'm sure that someone will be interested...and, I will talk to my local high school...see if I can set up a program there for the same thing...

BIG hugs to you BOTH!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    You Must Be So Proud
    You must be so proud of your son. 18 years old and to be involved with community service in helping others. How wonderful! I am assuming you live in Los Angeles area - LA. Or does LA stand for the state of Louisiana?

It is good that you verbally thank your son for being so helpful. It's an acknowledgment and a reinforcement. For him to know how much you appreciate his helpfulness has to make him feel good not to mention how good he has made you feel.

It is always great to hear how responsible and helpful our young people are. There are so many people who could use some help.

Fondly,
    Janelle
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thanks Aimee~ I second the
    Thanks Aimee~ I second the notion that you have raised an awesome son! Up here in SB county, they are also required to have community service hours~ I am wondering if it is actually a California mandate? ( If Arnold could tax it, he would! LOL)

I hope you get some takers~it would be a great thing for BOTH the giver and the receiver~ and, this year, if you give a Day Of Service to participating organizations, you get a Free day pass to Disneyland! Win Win!

Hugs,
    Chen♥