Stage III after surgery

Options
2»

Comments

• newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    stage3
    hello bonnie rose and welcome...I too was given the :stage 3: diagnosis after surgery.. 3 tumours found..5cm,2 cm and 1 smaller one.. no other tests positive.. Her+ as well that was in sept..have had 4 chemo treatments..2 more to go..5th next week...I had a good talk with my dr and as he says "you don't have cancer anymore..we took out the tumours and everything else looks good..the chemo is just pre cautionary..:) nice to hear... I really don't look at the stages (every one is different and will have different out comes) I am here I am healthy(lol) except for this cancer thing... you will be fine.. I am very gald to see you are being taken care of now :))))))) (((((((hugs))))))))))))Lisa
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Am Sorry
    You have had it tough. But it sounds like you got it back on track. No need to appologize. You have a right to be upset. This is too serious for the taste great; less filling debate. I hope all goes well for you.

Sending you some of my strength.

Take care,

P
  • BonnieRose
    BonnieRose Member Posts: 6
    Options
    aztec45 said:

I Am Sorry
    You have had it tough. But it sounds like you got it back on track. No need to appologize. You have a right to be upset. This is too serious for the taste great; less filling debate. I hope all goes well for you.

Sending you some of my strength.

Take care,

P

more cancer
    Sorry for the complaining, I went to see my new surgeon last tuesday he gave me the results from the MRI I had the week before I under stood the reason for the MRI was to determine if my cancer had duplicate it self in another area, which I felt I was ready to deal with. but the good new was it didnt duplicate in stead it to attach to more lympth node were the other ones were and also some cancerwithin the same area. this was a very hard hit because the dr I saw at the VA told me " we are lucky we got it all infact you probably wont even need radiation and absolutly no chemo
    well need less to say it has been along ride
    I had my first treatment of chemo 2 weeks agoand am dong wel so far
    My new oncologist wants to keep up with the chemo and let it do its work and surgeon agrees
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

more cancer
    Sorry for the complaining, I went to see my new surgeon last tuesday he gave me the results from the MRI I had the week before I under stood the reason for the MRI was to determine if my cancer had duplicate it self in another area, which I felt I was ready to deal with. but the good new was it didnt duplicate in stead it to attach to more lympth node were the other ones were and also some cancerwithin the same area. this was a very hard hit because the dr I saw at the VA told me " we are lucky we got it all infact you probably wont even need radiation and absolutly no chemo
    well need less to say it has been along ride
    I had my first treatment of chemo 2 weeks agoand am dong wel so far
    My new oncologist wants to keep up with the chemo and let it do its work and surgeon agrees

glad you had the sense to
    glad you had the sense to change and get on the right track. hope all goes well.
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had to go through so much
    I am so glad you are with a good Dr. I dont know how some Drs stay in practice. They are dealing with people's lives. I know you said you were Stage III. I recently met a woman who was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer. She is a year out of treatment and doing wonderful. Keep your chin up we are here for you.

God Bless
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    Options

Feelings more positive right now
    My husband and I Went to the new oncologist yesterday. She was very straight forward left no pages un turned. She didnt hesitate to answer any of the questions we had which made us feel so much better. This coming Monday she has me scheduled to see another surgeon to insert the port and check my wound and Tuesday go to a heart center to have my heart check for strength to see if I am going to be able to tolerate the stronger chemo which she says according to my records is what would be the give me the best results considering where my cancer is. She also told us I am only one step away from stage 4, fortunately I dont have a visual of any cnacer in my pet scan other than that which was removed so if there is any there it can be treated with chemo. she layed out the differrent plans pending on my heart test, so it looks like on on a path to deal with this. Thank You all so much for your wonderful support I really do appreciate you
    oh one more thing I went to lymphodema clinic on tuesday and I am fortunate to not have it yet and she fit me for a support sleeve and all the exercises I need to know info I need to protect my arm from problems in the future, I go back Monday afternoon for training of massage of my arm

i wish u well
    I'm also stage 3c, I was diagnosis in 2007 and still here and fighting. I am also happy that u have a loving and supportive husband trust me it helps. I wish you well and you are in my prayers.