New and used hats and scarves-free

Options
elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
If anyone is interested, I have a variety of new and gently used hats and scarves to give away.
I have a few different colored bandanas that I washed but never wore. A couple of warm stocking caps and other hats with the tags still attached and some sleep caps which are used but in perfect condition. I would love to pass them along to someone who may be able to use them. I will pay the shipping. First interested person can have them.

Comments

• girls4444
    girls4444 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    hats and scarves
    Hi - I would love your hats and scarves, I still have 10 more weeks of chemo before surgery, I lost my hair two months ago and have been wearing bandanas. Due to the cost of my doctor bills I do not have the extra money to afford anything else (my husbands insurance changed to a PPO this year and is killing us with deductables and 20% charges). I would really appreciate them and would pass along to someone else when I am finished with them. Thanks
    Betty Cook
    551 Marlborough Point Rd
    Stafford, Va. 22554
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    girls4444 said:

hats and scarves
    Hi - I would love your hats and scarves, I still have 10 more weeks of chemo before surgery, I lost my hair two months ago and have been wearing bandanas. Due to the cost of my doctor bills I do not have the extra money to afford anything else (my husbands insurance changed to a PPO this year and is killing us with deductables and 20% charges). I would really appreciate them and would pass along to someone else when I am finished with them. Thanks
    Betty Cook
    551 Marlborough Point Rd
    Stafford, Va. 22554

Hey Elm
    I just wanted to say, What a great idea.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    girls4444 said:

hats and scarves
    Betty Cook
    551 Marlborough Point Rd
    Stafford, Va. 22554

Never
    Betty--word of advice--never put your address on a thread----PM a person with the information. If you can still edit your reply please do and take you address off. There may be someone on this site that should not be on here and now knows where you live---be cautious as to personal information that you post.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Never
    Betty--word of advice--never put your address on a thread----PM a person with the information. If you can still edit your reply please do and take you address off. There may be someone on this site that should not be on here and now knows where you live---be cautious as to personal information that you post.

Hugs,
    Margo

Margo,
    I was just going to

Margo,
    I was just going to tell her the same thing. I know she was so happy to hear about the hats that she did this without realizing that all can read it. Maybe she get Greta to remove this post for her and she can PM for the hats. We should do a newbie thread with some basic suggestions and then just keep on bumping it up. Like no addresses, phone numbers, personal emails, watch out for scammers, etc.
    Stef
  • elm3544
    Options
    girls4444
    I am sending you a private message regarding the hats and scarves.
  • Francine333
    Francine333 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    scarves and things
    Hello,

It is probably too late, but I thought I'd check in with you regarding your generous offer of scarves etc. Any chance I'm not too late?

Fran
  • tat2granny
    tat2granny Member Posts: 77
    Options

scarves and things
    Hello,

It is probably too late, but I thought I'd check in with you regarding your generous offer of scarves etc. Any chance I'm not too late?

Fran

Great idea
    I am just starting my kemo but you can be sure I'll do the same as you. I know there are a lot of ladies that can't afford hats and scarves. So when I get done with mine I'll be sure to post and pass them on to someone else. Thanks again, I never even thought of doing this.
  • elm3544
    Options

scarves and things
    Hello,

Fran

Fran and others who want hats and scarves!
    Sorry, I don't have any more, but you can take advantage of the generous organizations that will give you free scarves and hats!
    *Francelux.com will give you a nice silk scarf of your choice! These are very beautiful.
    *Hatsofftochemo.org will send you hats in any style you ask for!
    *Heavenlyhats.com will send you a box of hats!

I also found inespensive bandanas in a variety of colors at places like Michaels and a store called Cowtown Boots.