anyone heard from kapper48

Options
lcarper2
lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Has anyone heard from Pat since he went in for procedure on his kidneys on the 25th just wondering how he is doing...

Louann

Comments

• Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    there is an update on his
    there is an update on his caringbridge site

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/patrickkapper
  • carriek05
    carriek05 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    kapper48
    Hi, this is his wife Carrie. He is doing pretty good. He came out of the procedure with alot of pain but they did get the tubes in both sides. Right now he's got two tubes coming out of his back. They ran them from his kidneys, through the ureters and into the bladder. They capped them on Thursday morning and he urinated on his own so they let him go home. That evening, he was having so much pain in his left side that he couldn't hardly move. I called the exchange and they said it sounds like there is some blockage (which I don't understand because I thought this whole procedure was to open up the blockage that was there) so I had to put the bag back on his left side only. This helped the pain alot but he is still having some sharp pains here and there on his left side. We are gonna call the doctor on Monday morning so I'm sure we'll be back up there again so they can figure out what's going on. I will tell him you asked about him. Thanks for thinking of him. I'm sure he'll be back on in the next day or so.
    Take care, Carrie
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    carriek05 said:

kapper48
    Hi, this is his wife Carrie. He is doing pretty good. He came out of the procedure with alot of pain but they did get the tubes in both sides. Right now he's got two tubes coming out of his back. They ran them from his kidneys, through the ureters and into the bladder. They capped them on Thursday morning and he urinated on his own so they let him go home. That evening, he was having so much pain in his left side that he couldn't hardly move. I called the exchange and they said it sounds like there is some blockage (which I don't understand because I thought this whole procedure was to open up the blockage that was there) so I had to put the bag back on his left side only. This helped the pain alot but he is still having some sharp pains here and there on his left side. We are gonna call the doctor on Monday morning so I'm sure we'll be back up there again so they can figure out what's going on. I will tell him you asked about him. Thanks for thinking of him. I'm sure he'll be back on in the next day or so.
    Take care, Carrie

Thanks Carrie
    It sounds pretty rough. I hope Sunday goes easier. Give him our love and best wishes.

Peace and Blessings... Rob; in Vancouver
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Carrie
    Hi Carrie,

Please tell Pat I am thinking of him. It was so nice talking to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago. I hope and pray all will turn out alright.

Take care-
    Lisa
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    carriek05 said:

kapper48
    Take care, Carrie

Thank you for the update
    I too was wondering how he was doing. Sorry that he is in pain, but hoping that they will find the cause quickly and be resolved with ease.

Please let him know that one more person in this world is thinking of him and hoping for his speedy recovery from this last procedure.

Marie
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    carriek05 said:

kapper48
    Take care, Carrie

kapper48
    Thank you for the update I am praying for him and you please tell pat we wish him God's speed in his recovery...

Louann