Options
2»

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Lilmiss
    Lilmiss,
    I'm glad you found us and that you are part of our community. I hope that we can share what we have learned and experienced with you and that your journey is a bit lighter. So sorry you are here at such a young age.

With aloha
    Kathleen
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options

Lilmiss
    Lilmiss,
    I'm glad you found us and that you are part of our community. I hope that we can share what we have learned and experienced with you and that your journey is a bit lighter. So sorry you are here at such a young age.

With aloha
    Kathleen

Lilmiss82"
    Whether yoy read and not post or read and post is up tp you but reading alone will provide informative stories, useful info and inspirational individuals. By posting, you can ask of concerns importantant to yourself and people at this site will help provide answers, amswers based on experience .knowledge and in many cases, additional research. You will get moral support and encouragement, if that is what you need. This site can really help you go thru what you will in your battle against cancer and you will meet mamy who are beating it. Your age is a plus=you should be starting from a position of strength, (asI did due to myfitness)
    Feeling scared and confused is "normal" at first but you must be strong and keep a positive attitude. If things (mentally/emotionally) get real bad seek help-ask current doctors for psyche help as meds can be useful for this.......Best of luck in your journey....Steve
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Greetings~
    Hello, Lilmiss,

I can totally relate to a lot of what you said. I was 33 when I was diagnosed with stage 4 (liver mets & lymph nodes) way back in 2001. I have been clear ever since my surgery in 2002. The advantage you have is this discussion forum. I didn't join here until I was already in the clear, in an effort to "give back" and offer support to someone who could benefit from my experience.

You will quickly learn that this "family" we have here is just like a real biological family in that everyone has a weird uncle, aunt, sister or brother that even though you love them because they're family, you don't always think they're playing with a full deck. Exact same applies here. We have to remind ourselves that different is not inferior, it's just different than what we would do. No right, no wrong, just different.

I wish you nothing but success, good health, and a future full of birthdays. Please message me through this site if I can help in any way. When I say I understand what you're going through, I truly do. Doctors are good in the medical side of things, but since the majority haven't been dealt this colon cancer hand, they don't understand the PERSONAL side of it.

Warm, welcoming hugs,

Stacy
  • papajedi
    papajedi Member Posts: 110
    Options
    ittapp said:

You matter to me
    I do not post often but I feel I am as much of a part of this family as anyone. I am not up for the debate on Christianity...just don't want to go down that road but will say that my faith is strong and will continue praying for my family. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it is just what I do and will continue to do.No offense to anyone person, it's just how I roll.I would not be doing the lords work if I did not keep him in the forefront of my mind and that is going to ooze into discussions. Patti

Hi
    Great looking family !! I "roll" that way also :)LOL
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    HI Lil Miss 82 and welcome
    Gosh I was so sorry to read your 'story' and hear of your Stage IV dx at 27. I do like your remarks about priorities and think you're very wise for your age.

I hope you'll join in and make yourself at home. I'm one of the oldest on the board (59). :o)

God bless,
    Diane
  • papajedi
    Options

HI Lil Miss 82 and welcome
    Gosh I was so sorry to read your 'story' and hear of your Stage IV dx at 27. I do like your remarks about priorities and think you're very wise for your age.

I hope you'll join in and make yourself at home. I'm one of the oldest on the board (59). :o)

God bless,
    Diane

The Trauma
    Of dx can be like getting by a truck you didn't even know was coming. One day I went for abdominal pain and 2 hrs later was being admitted for surgery the next day...........yikes. It was so fast, a slow motion train wreck :) Here you will find hope as we all struggle together, an encyclopedis to help figure the terms and their meaning, facts on chemo options, but most of all we ALL fight together as one....their is incredible power in that :)
  • papajedi
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Lilmiss
    I am sorry that you are here for the cancer. I am also sorry that you came in during one of the times that there is a dispute going on. The fact that you are new means to me that you are scared and that you need help/advise on what yuo might expect from chemo and it's side effects, what operations are like, how to treat depression, loss of hair or appetite, skin issues, all sorts of the things we experience.

The reason I made the comment to that "newbie" is that earlier in the day I had responded through a email on the site to a member about comments he made concerning false statements he made about me on the site. "Knowing" this person for a few years on here and how he often behaves, it was rather easy to see that it wasn't a new person at all. It was the guy who didn't like what I said to him in the private email so rather than email back with his take on what he said, he felt if was better to create a new persona on here and attack me in public. I mean, he created the persona today and all 3 posts were attacks to me or one other member who said something on the site he did not like either. I highly doubt that anyone can join today and (think they) know things about me that suggest a long pattern of behavior. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.

I have nothing but the desire to help the newbies as we tend to call them. There are times when other members like Buzzard do a better job and calming them than I do. I have undergone many treatments though and have been at this for 6 years non-stop so I have much to offer in thta respect. Generally new people do not want to hear stories that this could go on longer than they expect but I feel I also offer the hope that one can live a "feisty" life with cancer. Cancer doesn't end life, often it lets it really begin. Everyone dies but not everyone gets a wakeup call so we can enjoy things more that if we didn't ever think of dying.

There, cheerful enough?
    :-)

I am very sorry for your DX (diagnosis). It stinks at any age but it's worse for younger people I think. I love my kids and they help me through this but cancer really scares the crap out of me because I don't want to lose them or have them lose me when they are only 16 & 9. It's a double edge sword.

I apologize, I did not show my best side at all but it is a part of me. I feel strongly about certain things but I always think that support is crucial to us getting through this. There are many ways of support and prayer is a big one that I think is wonderful. How it's conveyed is not a B&W issue at all. Therein lies the problem.
    I will email you (PM, email, same thing) and the next time you get on the site you should see it.
    Best
    -p

Avastin
    I read your profile and noticed you were on Avastin? Did you have any unusual are hars side effects ?