Good news prior to surgery

Options
theresa8
theresa8 Member Posts: 61
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband went in for a short colonoscopy yesterday so that his surgeon could check the effect of his five week radiochemo treatment. What a surprise ! No trace of his primary tumor could be found. They even gave us a picture, luckily they had marked where it was with ink back in October. So he's going in for surgery on Monday with his hopes way high. This good news has really given us a great boost. So if any of you are hesitating on neo adjuvant radiochemo before surgery don't hesitate because it can do miracles. For the first time since 4 months I really think he's going to beat this. Prayers and positive thoughts are still needed on Monday.

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    You got 'em !!
    That is wonderful news Teresa! Wonderful! I will gladly pray for Monday's surgery! Be sure to check in when you can to let us know he's out of surgery.

Diane
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Hi Theresa - Nice to Meet You :)
    Sounds so encouraging! I love you guys attitude!

I had chemo/radiation before my surgery too - to shrink the tumor for resection minus colostomy. And it was successful.

What good news that the tumor could not be found - great story!

Best Wishes and positive thoughts for Monday's surgery - please post when you know something.

-Craig
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news!
    I hope all goes very well on Monday! How wonderful to be removing a "nonexistant" tumor!
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options

Fantastic news!
    I hope all goes very well on Monday! How wonderful to be removing a "nonexistant" tumor!

also did chemo and radiation prior to colostomy and
    treatments did reduce size of tumot so that Iwas able to move bowels like a normal person and asked all three docs(onc, rad, surg) if I could continue life this way, without need for surgery but was told no. When cut open, surgeon found stuff not seen on scans so anticipated 3 1/2 op turned into 6 1/2 hour op but here I am 4 1/2 months later doing chemo again. Pre and post surgery chemo has its function. Keep up a good attitude as you can beat this!!!!!Steve
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You got it!!
    I love the attitude!! YAY! Wishing much luck on the surgery for an uneventful recovery.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Good news
    That is really good news, wishing you well with your surgery on Monday and for a noneventful recovery - Tina
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Options
    geotina said:

Good news
    That is really good news, wishing you well with your surgery on Monday and for a noneventful recovery - Tina

Great news
    on the report and wishing the best for surgery on Monday, hope it goes smoothly and that recovery is swift and uneventful! Best wishes!
    Blessings,
    Joanne
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Great!
    That is so wonderful! Let us know how the surgery goes.

*hugs*
    Gail