anybody else have this problem???

Options
Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Please enough of the serious stuff. This is a real question and kind of funny. Hey, you folks said we could talk about pooping.

A week or so back I was out cutting firewood for next winter. It is very cold here in Missouri and I am all bundled up in my insulated bib coveralls and heavy work coat. You know the kind with zippers up both legs and down the middle.

Well I am out in the woods working with my chainsaw, bent over and was almost through the tree. Just about then my body lets go with what I thought was just a large amount of gas. The tree is falling at this point. I stand up and immediately know that was not only NOT gas, but there is more to come.

I am ½ mile from the house and know I have to get there damn quick. I drop the chainsaw and jump in my Kubota and head for the house, all the while trying to unzip all those darn zippers. I fly into the back door heading for the john trying to get out of all this and the dog thinks I want to play. I was able to make it the rest of the way with the dog holding on to my pant leg. I did have to change my jeans.

My question is this: After chemo/radiation 9/08 I still have that darn since of urgency and it has stayed with me. I never had a problem with it before this. This time it was diarrhea and the rear door just doesn’t close up good anymore.

Anybody else having this problem???

Kerry

Comments

• Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Great story Kerry!!
    First

Great story Kerry!!
    First off, I'm totally jealous. Not of you crapping your pants, but of your Kabota, and your chain saw. I don't have a tractor and I've been too tired to use the chain saw. Any chance you could send me a bottle of your energy along with some mixed fuel? The other day I took my 3 year old son in my truck to buy a load of wood. My dad joined us and we stacked it. It was a great moment, but nothing like cutting and splitting it yourself. Also, I find it inspiring that you are cutting wood for next winter. That's my kind of hopeful plan!!!
    I have a colostomy; so crapping my pants is not a problem - except for one time. I poop a snot like substance from time to time, and I did learn the hard way there is no such thing as farting for me anymore. But I was in bed and the dogs were not around. Not quite the adventure you had. Sorry I can't help, but good luck keeping the rear door shut, and saw one up for me.
    Roger
  • NWGirl
    NWGirl Member Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yup
    Yup - I'm afraid I do at times. When they removed my tumor, my entire rectum had to go as well. I had an ileo for a year; then reversed. I've found with my new plumbing I can usually hold it in until I make it to the bathroom UNLESS I have diahhrea - for whatever reason. Colon preps are really bad news - I either stay in the bathroom for the required 4 hours or wear a Depends as I simply can't get there fast enough. Once in awhile I'll have something weird happen that causes diahhrea - and if/when it does - I can't hold it at all.

My take down surgery was in November 2008 so I know it's as good as it's going to get and I just have to live with the uncertainty that this can happen sometimes. Fortunately, I'm usually at home when it does happen - knock on wood!
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    OMG!!
    Cutting wood in the back 40!

Reminds me of an old joke...

"1/2 mile to the outhouse"
    by Willie Makeit
    illustrated by Betty Wont

Sorry Kerry. :)

I know the location of every outhouse and public washroom on any of my regular circuits. I don't have too much diahrea, unless on chemo, by I do have urgency issues. If I'm having problems with diarhea I really can't leave the house.

I have had suprise farts too! Not fun... but funny!

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    robinvan said:

OMG!!
    Cutting wood in the back 40!

Reminds me of an old joke...

"1/2 mile to the outhouse"
    by Willie Makeit
    illustrated by Betty Wont

Sorry Kerry. :)

I know the location of every outhouse and public washroom on any of my regular circuits. I don't have too much diahrea, unless on chemo, by I do have urgency issues. If I'm having problems with diarhea I really can't leave the house.

I have had suprise farts too! Not fun... but funny!

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver

KERRY
    Hey man..... I bout died laughing with that story.... sorry... I know the situation very well and it ain't always so funny... BUTT...DUDE... you need to start taking butt wipe with you.... I am your neighbor in southern Illinois...just across the mississippi..... We always carry TP on the back 40...... we take full advantage of that outdoor plumbing. Too far a trip to try to make it back to the crib...... no neighbors...only nature....and that's that....

Jen :))
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Crow71 said:

Great story Kerry!!
    First

Great story Kerry!!
    First off, I'm totally jealous. Not of you crapping your pants, but of your Kabota, and your chain saw. I don't have a tractor and I've been too tired to use the chain saw. Any chance you could send me a bottle of your energy along with some mixed fuel? The other day I took my 3 year old son in my truck to buy a load of wood. My dad joined us and we stacked it. It was a great moment, but nothing like cutting and splitting it yourself. Also, I find it inspiring that you are cutting wood for next winter. That's my kind of hopeful plan!!!
    I have a colostomy; so crapping my pants is not a problem - except for one time. I poop a snot like substance from time to time, and I did learn the hard way there is no such thing as farting for me anymore. But I was in bed and the dogs were not around. Not quite the adventure you had. Sorry I can't help, but good luck keeping the rear door shut, and saw one up for me.
    Roger

That's my kind of hopeful plan!!!
    Roger, I am glad you also have a hopeful plan. If an old guy like me can reach NED from stage 4 you can. This years cutting is easy compaired to last year. Last year it took a little longer. We burn up 5 cords a year. It saves us around 2K in propane heat cost. Every time I fill up that Kubota we save about $80. That is a strong motivator. It has done wonders for me in getting back in shape after chemo/rad 6/08. I was raised to work off medical problems. It's not for everybody, but works for me.