new chemo FEC ...sick...:(

newbiefromcananda
newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all
haven't been on much lately had new chemo wed ...yuck.. FEC 3 anti -nauseants (red devil) I was sick the first night .. crying.. my poor family... just felt like a terrible terrible flu... don't know what else to try and tired zzzzz just want to sleep.....sorry needed to vent xoxxoxo

Lisa

Comments

• MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    I've experienced the same
    I've experienced the same sickness after chemo. Sleep as much as you can and it will get better. I know that it doesn't seem like it will, but it will. Vent all you want cause that what's great about this site. The support, prayers, love you receive from friends on this site will help you immensely. Know that you are not alone.
    Hugs!
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Hang in there!
    Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with the red devil. Not fun! just keep counting down the treatments until you're done, know that it WILL get better--you're killing the cancer, and the treatments are NOT forever!

And vent all you want here! This is the pits, no doubt about it!

Big HUG! Sandy
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Hang in there!
    Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with the red devil. Not fun! just keep counting down the treatments until you're done, know that it WILL get better--you're killing the cancer, and the treatments are NOT forever!

And vent all you want here! This is the pits, no doubt about it!

Big HUG! Sandy

So sorry, Lisa, that you are
    So sorry, Lisa, that you are having such problems. That drug is the worst, and makes you feel really crummy....just hang in there. Things do get better, and before you know it you will be through with treatment. Rest as much as you need, and drink plenty of liquids to flush that "red devil" out of your system. As far as venting.....we all have big ears and can handle most anything you need to say. Bring it on! This isn't the most fun you have had in your life, but just know that you are doing what is necessary to get rid of this beast. Hugs and good thoughts coming your way. Judy
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

So sorry, Lisa, that you are
    So sorry, Lisa, that you are having such problems. That drug is the worst, and makes you feel really crummy....just hang in there. Things do get better, and before you know it you will be through with treatment. Rest as much as you need, and drink plenty of liquids to flush that "red devil" out of your system. As far as venting.....we all have big ears and can handle most anything you need to say. Bring it on! This isn't the most fun you have had in your life, but just know that you are doing what is necessary to get rid of this beast. Hugs and good thoughts coming your way. Judy

water~~~ water ~~~water~~~
    I hope you can drink it, I couldn't. BUT when I did it sure did help wash it out sooner.
    I'm feeling your agony, Lisa. The best thing I did was acupuncture. I was lucky to have a best friend stay with me for my last treatment and give it to me each night. WOW what a difference that made!
    God bless,
    L
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Mama G said:

water~~~ water ~~~water~~~
    I hope you can drink it, I couldn't. BUT when I did it sure did help wash it out sooner.
    I'm feeling your agony, Lisa. The best thing I did was acupuncture. I was lucky to have a best friend stay with me for my last treatment and give it to me each night. WOW what a difference that made!
    God bless,
    L

Emend
    I also had the red devil. They had me on the drug emend. Felt flu like about the 3rd day after treatment for about 2 days then started to feel better again until the next treatment and then started all over again. This drug Emend and sofran did work great for me. Very little nausea, but I was tired. Talk to your doctor.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kat11 said:

Emend
    I also had the red devil. They had me on the drug emend. Felt flu like about the 3rd day after treatment for about 2 days then started to feel better again until the next treatment and then started all over again. This drug Emend and sofran did work great for me. Very little nausea, but I was tired. Talk to your doctor.

I was wondering how you
    I was wondering how you were. I found the first time was worse then it got etter. I took amend, decadron, and zofrn. it will be over soon. hugs
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    hope
    I hope things get better for you as treatment go along, get as much rest as you can always remember this to shell pass....girl power
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

hope
    I hope things get better for you as treatment go along, get as much rest as you can always remember this to shell pass....girl power

Lisa
    Sorry. Sending positive thoughts to your way. You will be done with CHEmo soon.
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    So Sorry
    So sorry to hear that you are having a crummy time. I hope you are feeling better. I have only had two treatments and mine is different. Drink, Drink, Drink, sleep, sleep. sleep.
    Yes, I agree, all of this means the meds are doing what they are supposed to. Venting is what we are here for. I had my down day yesterday and was just really weak. I feel like a baby compared to what you are going through. This will all be over soon and we will look back and be amazed on how strong we really were. God Bless!

Hugs and Prayers
    Becky
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    So Sorry
    I did not have to endure the Red Devil but I hear it is a mama. Get plenty of rest and maybe try some Gatorade to stay hydrated. Get better.

P